This man is amazing

Superb work. I see each of Alex's builds as a whole lot of models which then become one whole.

As for the hidden detail thing, who knows its there? He knows! Taking lots of close-up pictures, which are impressive in their quality too, definitely helps when its all sewn up.

I must admit at this stage that I suffer from AMS tendancies which are nowhere near matched by my abilities.

Phil

His Whitley build was covered in a recent issue of Scale Aircraft Modelling. It's a phenomenal build, that really puts most of us to shame.

It's amazing what come people can do with such basic shells of kits, and here I am having problems getting rid of basic seams on IM kits.

Matt

It is nice to see someone take something to this level, while most of us would call it insanity, it just shows you the level of detail that can be achieved with time and effort……….and probably no life for a while!

No matter what your hobby, there’s always someone who will take it to the extreme and probably a little bit of their craziness eventually filters down to us mere mortals!

But I do find it amazing watching this type of work, I can really appreciate the skill and handcraft required ……….am in awe!!!!!

• 2 months later...

Great modelling - I'm as envious as everyone else - but I have to agree the bulk of it won't be seen and depending on where you look from can be seen as wasted effort (or not) ........ still, what ever makes you happy!

Great modelling - I'm as envious as everyone else - but I have to agree the bulk of it won't be seen and depending on where you look from can be seen as wasted effort (or not) ........ still, what ever makes you happy!

It is not perfect ... It cannot fly (or can it?)

But what a craftsman!

NPL