Airways 1/72 VC10 and BAC 1-11 vacform kits

Nick Belbin

8 hours ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

According to this thread on Rumourmonger there is a 1/72 hollow pressure cast  resin VC-10 due in the not to distant future:

Other than the pics of other subjects in the thread, I have no idea about the quality of the kits.

Tommo.

Please see the latest post from myself in the Gannet thread on Rumourmonger.

Thanx for that news update Tommo. Very informative. Wow, things are moving space this year. Before you know it they'll be a 1:72 146 on the market.....thinks.....hmmm..

8 hours ago, Fazzman said:

Thanx for that news update Tommo. Very informative. Wow, things are moving space this year. Before you know it they'll be a 1:72 146 on the market.....thinks.....hmmm..

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

Welsh Models now make a1:72 146...

Combat Models also do a 146, two actually a 100 series & a 200. Course they are resin! but I stashed one of each😎

• Thanks 1

Back home and have found the Airways BAC 1-11. Unstarted apart from black lines around each part. No decals or instructions (though they must be somewhere in my room!) I do have a copy of the Aviation News drawings.

Dave

• Thanks 1

That sounds fantastic news to my ears! Thanks for your swift reply. You've even saved me the job of black lining it! No probs about instructions or decals (unless you're in dire need to turn your room upside down). The Aviation News drgs sound a bonus too. Having never bought anything from anybody on britmodeller before, what's the damage and how do I pay you? By the way, do the wings have those prominent flaptrack fairings we all know and love?

Hi, I've sent a PM to you, as I don't want to encourage a bidding war! I've found the instructions and the decals, but the white metal parts, including flap-tracks,are missing. No clear parts, but they were pretty basic. Much better to glaze the cockpit with clear acetate.

Dave