2 X 0 = ?

nick

Evenin all. Got a bit done then.

8998912773_ecc271536e_o.jpg

9000101750_8503b8bb3e_o.jpg

I've actually started to use some of the parts that came in the kit now. Fair play Tamiya, I'm quite impressed. The landing gear is operable, so there is a spring mechanism buried in the wing to lock it up or down and all the gear doors are faithfully hinged as the original, you can see the square pegs on the landing gear that engage with a tool provided in the kit to raise or lower the gear, there are removable LE panels to allow you to do this. A lot of thought has gone into this in fairness. The Oleos are sprung as well.

Nearly as much tin going into this as the last one.

9000114326_71c0857d40_o.jpg

9000111868_6149afd18a_o.jpg

8998909929_e446cb228b_o.jpg

9000092066_6d1ddc44ba_o.jpg

I have CMK resin flaps that I was going to use, except they don't fit. I don't mean a bit and they need fettling, I mean they really don't fit, they are a good 6mm too long as well as too narrow. This isn't correcting anything, they simply don't fit. don't know if they have been incorrectly packaged or something, although the detail looks correct. weird. anyhoo, Eduard tin it was then.

In case anyone is wondering the wings are only dry-fitted at the moment, hence gaps, I know I'm rough, but I'm not THAT rough (:.

Nick

• Like 1

Hi Nick, i found the other day this post, and i fell to this all metal models, and after finishing reading all the post i am the proud owner of a IMCTH P-51D Mustang, it is arriving tomorrow, and is going to be the proyect of my life, i will mix this build with parts of the Tamiya P-51D that i already have , as soon as i start this mega proyect i will be posting the progress on this forum

Thanks for inspiring me on how to spend big money on modeling jejejeje

Jorge

Hi Nick, i found the other day this post, and i fell to this all metal models, and after finishing reading all the post i am the proud owner of a IMCTH P-51D Mustang, it is arriving tomorrow, and is going to be the proyect of my life, i will mix this build with parts of the Tamiya P-51D that i already have , as soon as i start this mega proyect i will be posting the progress on this forum

Thanks for inspiring me on how to spend big money on modeling jejejeje

Jorge

Funnily enough I cancelled my Mustang earlier in the week, good luck with yours. I think building one of these is enough on reflection!

Nick

Hi Nick, fantasic work !!! What brand of primer did you use on the cockpit ?

Peter

Mr surfacer, is there any other? (:

Nick