2 X 0 = ?

nick

Good luck with Op smuggle Mustang :-)

Dan

I wouldn't rule out it landing at your house mate at this stage. You could pick up the import duty bill as well that way (: bargain.

Thanks for giving me the idea.

Nick

I wouldn't rule out it landing at your house mate at this stage. You could pick up the import duty bill as well that way (: bargain.

Thanks for giving me the idea.

Nick

Yeah why not. Sound like a real good plan Nick, quite fancy a bash at one of these myself ;-)

oh OK then. Here ya go.

8754860742_d8d8135215_o.jpg

Prop polished and pin washed

8754864186_db139d44a7_o.jpg

Cockpit mostly done, combination of kit, Eduard, RB and scratch

8753740583_5862d41ea3_o.jpg

8753736879_d72e9395fd_o.jpg

Here she is

8754865086_35d52b1d78_o.jpg

Thanks for all the kind comments and support

Nick

• Like 3

Still at it. Finished the rear bulkhead and compressed air/oxygen cylinders. Just wiring and plumbing to do now. Oh yeah and then the other zero :)

Nick

Utterly incredible build.....Really shows up the Zero's lightweight construction doesn't it. :coolio:

Just out of interest, how is the arrestor hook attached.....There's so little structure back there it looks like the tail would be ripped off on landing, but obviously not? :shrug:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

That looks nice. I'm thinking of going for this ;-

http://www.model-space.com/gb/military/mitsubishi-a6m-zero/

Shame it's not a Spitfire XI or XIV

Yes I've looked at these, very nice indeed, better detailed than the Hiro, but at twice the scale you would expect it to be in fairness.

Look forward to seeing you build that then.

Nick

Just out of interest, how is the arrestor hook attached.....There's so little structure back there it looks like the tail would be ripped off on landing, but obviously not? :shrug:

Yes I wondered about that too. It's just an open box stepped into the keel on the kit, not accurate I suspect for the reasons you state.

Nick

Just finishing off tonight. I'm debating wether to fit the top panels on the wings at the moment, they are one piece and just look far too uniform, I may elect to go for individual rib caps and stringers I think.

Nick

Latest update, flaps, back of bulkhead, pitot, gunsight done now.

8762040681_370799f337_o.jpg

Here it is with the top sheeting fitted loosely:-

8763165920_eaab25a35b_o.jpg

Without:-

8762035335_a05dfc6e72_o.jpg

Nick

• Like 1

That is absolutely brilliant, but my idea of etched hell!!......What colour scheme are you going to apply? :innocent:

Cheers

Tony O

Made a start on zero #2 last night, resin pit with cherry picked Eduard touches, fotos later.

Also started the ball rolling on Friday for the getting the 'surprise' electro-optical part of the project made.

Nick