Airfix 180th scale HMS Victory sets from scalewarship

Hi there folks,

Just to round off the 180th Victory bits, I have added the stairway handrails and 2 more sizes of blocks to my list. These are the most common type (double or single) but these are right on the edge of what the is possible with 3D printer. The holes are .32mm in diameter and the blocks will be approx. 1mm by 1.3mm x 1mm.(or 0.8mm for the single).

I expect these to be available within the next few weeks unless we have a technical issue with the printing or an economic one with cost versus quantity. Knowing that the ship has several hundred of these blocks means that I need to print them in fairly large quantities, but I am expecting that we will manage somehow.

We are working on fitting the first etch for the small Cutty Sark at present and when we are happy with that I will finish off the ratlines for the Cutty and see what else we can improve on.

After that I will be looking at the Beagle/Bounty/USS Constitution[1/196th version)

regards

John

PS Foxy been following your build. Wish I had your hours for myself to spend on building. Keep it going you're doing a great job!

Edited by studiojohn

Thanks John, well its one i have allways wanted to do properly, I hope with your PE frets that it will make a difference.

Thats very good news on the single/double blocks, I was going to use the smaller heart blocks.

Like you say there are many single blocks needed in the smaller size.

Will keep an eye out for them.

Regards Foxy.