FineMolds next Star Wars kit is...

mekon

Now I can do a full trench run dio!!

I take it that the release date is Jan '14 from what bit of the text I can understand?

Edit: Just checked HLJ site, set for July release, must brush up on my Japanese!

Cheers,

Warren

Edited by Madmonk

It's only a couple of pounds dearer than the standard TIE and the "strong" pound helps.

Don't forget shipping though, should be about £6 using SAL. Still cheaper than buying it here, if you can find one anywhere.

Cheers,

Warren

• 3 weeks later...

Would have prefered a 1/48 Millenium Falcon

That would be nice and quite large, not to mention expensive.

Would like to see a 1/72 AT-AT next! Or a 1/24 X-wing. Or a.........?

Cheers,

Warren

Well, I would imagine slightly more expensive than the 1/72 one they produced, with the advantage of being able to mod some after market figures for a diorama. A lot of manufacturers are using 1/48 as the mainstay of thier production lines, can't see any reason why scifi should be any different.

Edited by Andrew March
  • Like 1

Well, I would imagine slightly cheaper than the 1/72 one they produced, with the advantage of being able to mod some after market figures for a diorama. A lot of manufacturers are using 1/48 as the mainstay of thier production lines, can't see any reason why scifi should be any different.

The FM box is huge! 1/48 will be the size of a settee!

A 1-48 scale falcon would be too big and too expensive to bring the required sales I suppose. But I completely agree that SciFi Models should be in the same ranges as other modeling subjects (with the huge spaceships in naval scales and the very huge ones in those scales which have been commonly used in SciFi models already) so Fine Molds is doing this very good I think as well as some others (Moebius, Pegasus,...) - not so Revell :bangin:

But if you look at Revells "EasyKit" range which is aimed at very young modellers you will see that this range is 90% Star Wars related - so this is where Revell sees these models. From this point of view they obviously created something like a boxscale biotope.

But figures should not be difficult to get in 1-72 scale either - however this brings me to an idea which might be intersting: Star Wars Figure sets in 1-48 and 1-72 scale! Maybe "Multipose"...

Concerning the AT-AT - I think Revells Easy-Kit could be well something around 1-72 scale (but it has some shape issues) - after all who will tell ;-)

A 48th scale Falcon would put the size somewhere near the 32 inch studio model that was built for Empire. That would push the parts count (remember the 72nd scale version has 900 pieces) and price through the roof. I don't see it happening in the current financial climate. It'd be to big a risk for a small company.

The Revell AT-AT is pretty close to 72nd scale (IIRC) and there are some correction sets available or in the works, over at SSM.

Personally, I would like to have seen a larger Y-Wing or a 72nd Tie Bomber (even though I did start a studio scale scratchbuild one, a few years back). A Tydirium in 144th, to go alongside their smaller Falcon, would be nice, as well.

• Like 1

A 48th scale Falcon would put the size somewhere near the 32 inch studio model that was built for Empire. That would push the parts count (remember the 72nd scale version has 900 pieces) and price through the roof. I don't see it happening in the current financial climate. It'd be to big a risk for a small company.

The Revell AT-AT is pretty close to 72nd scale (IIRC) and there are some correction sets available or in the works, over at SSM.

Personally, I would like to have seen a larger Y-Wing or a 72nd Tie Bomber (even though I did start a studio scale scratchbuild one, a few years back). A Tydirium in 144th, to go alongside their smaller Falcon, would be nice, as well.

I'd love to see a Tie Bomber or Shuttle Tydirium (maybe with the endor commandoes/laia, han, chewie etc! )in 1/72

TIE Bomber would be nice in either 1:72 or 1:48. All the Star Wars "single seaters" are cool in either scale. Still missing is the A-Wing and... the B-Wing!

The AMT Tyridium is also close to 1:72 I recall. I started one years back and spoiled it with rattle can paint :doh:

To be on the safe side I obviously bought the kit again - twice... as I found out lately. Still a Fine Molds version would be nice as I obviously cannot have enough Tyridiums in the basement.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...