Triumph 3HW ancient ESCI pulled from stash, now finally finished !

Thanks, Keef ! BTW, Blimp, if you're watching - 'your' button is there, just to the left of the steering friction adjuster!

Don't anybody dare come up with any more ! :fight:

I'm just glad I persevered with it.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Nice work on your bike it looks terrific! If my Granddad were still around I'd show him your build since he used to ride that bike amongst others when he was in the British Army during World War II.

Cheers,

Daniel.

Thanks, folks ! Billy, no, I haven't, but I did build the Harley many years ago and I still have the battered remains of the Kubel and Kettenkrad in boxes in the loft ! Daniel, I'm proud to think that your Granddad would be pleased with my efforts. Thanks again.

Steve

• Like 1

You know what? Never, never say 'finished' !!! Do you like my little map-case?

002_zpsc32531ec.jpg

T'other side, note chinagraph pencils and press-studs on the flap !

003_zps8919e5c4.jpg

Here it is on the original British Army 1944-dated map. I hope I don't end up in the Tower of London for photocopying an O.S. map !

001_zpsfd5bc31f.jpg

Now on the bike

005_zps4840a796.jpg

Hope you like it,

Thanks for looking,

Steve

• Like 2

Me again - this is definitely the last of the pictures ! The kit supplied a Don-R's helmet, which is actually not too bad, apart from the vinyl neck-flap etc but I thought I could improve it...

It helps a lot if you have an original to work from (mine is dated 1942) and here it is, modelled by yours truly (sorry).

001_zpsa178f417.jpg

This is my rendition in 1/9th scale

002_zps7f6b7421.jpg

The bike's rider has left it hanging on the railings...

003_zps97c3fc64.jpg

I'm quite pleased with the model, the less said about the other model, the better !

Hope you like it, thanks for looking,

Steve

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

nice job like to see some pictures when it is done . take care have nice day

Fantastic finish, congratulations I do like your base, the railings, the tap/water cover and the gravel, it sets a scene. I'm suprised by the number of modellers who won't put there models on a base to finish off. Otherwise to me it's just a finished kit.

Excellent work and thanks for sharing your build.

Colin

Very many thanks for your kind comments, folks. I do like to make up a 'scene', possibly telling a story - in this case I reckon the Don-R has just gone off for tea and a wad!

Certainly the amount of work I put into this build deserves more than just standing the model on a shelf, in my opinion.

Glad you like it, everybody, and thanks for looking.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

so many good things to say about this bike. the rust, the paint, the detail. and the helmet and chin strap. love it all.

and your pic reminded me of the song my dad used to sing.......ah, hem.......

Where did you get that hat
Where did you get that tile
Isn't it a nobby one
And just the proper style
I should like to have one
Just the same as that
Wherever I go they'd shout "Hello"
Where did you get that hat

• 2 months later...

Perhaps I might be permitted to blow my own trumpet? I entered the bike in the competition at Yeovilton last Saturday and was very pleased indeed to be awarded a silver certificate! Amazing considering the high standard of the other entries - thanks, judges, whoever you were!!

Cheers,

Steve

Perhaps I might be permitted to blow my own trumpet? I entered the bike in the competition at Yeovilton last Saturday and was very pleased indeed to be awarded a silver certificate!

Thoroughly well deserved Steve! Glad you did blow your own trumpet, gave us a chance to see this lovely model again!! :speak_cool:

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

Congratulations on the excellent build, and for your silver.

I have this kit in the guise of Italeri, I have started it ,but I have found it getting away from me mainly in the fit department, so , it is going for a rest back in the stash.

However, looking at your build and your perseverance it may not be in there for too long.

Well done

Cheers

K

Thanks, K ! It is certainly a challenging kit, but with perseverance, a lot of work and a fair bit of scratchbuilding...!

Dig it back out and have a go - good luck !

Steve