Tiger I Updates (for HobbyBoss) - 1:16 Taigen

Mike

Tiger I Updates (for Hobby Boss)
1:16 Taigen

The Hobby Boss 1:16 Tiger I owes more than a little to a previous mould that was sold as a remote control model by a company called WSN, who retreated from Europe and were later re-marketed under Torro's branding. It would seem that many updates designed for those R/C kits will fit the new Hobby Boss kit. We've got just a sample of what's available here to show what's out there.

Towing Shackles
This set of four cast metal shackles replace the plastic ones, and have a separate partially threaded rod that screws into a bolt, making them fully functional. They are also add some realism as they can be left slightly loose to dangle in the breeze. You'll need to do a little clean-up to remove mould seams, but not only are they more sturdy, they'll also be easier to chip during the weathering process just like the real thing.

boxtop.jpg

bin.jpg

Final Drive inner detail plates
This set contains two detailed zinc-alloy parts to add the missing bolt-heads on the insides of the final drive bulges at the front of the tank, plus a small armoured vent cover for the engine deck, which is applicable to later model Tiger Is. It saves you a lot of scratch-building and adds more realism with minimum effort.

boxtop.jpg

bin.jpg

Review samples courtesy of
logo.jpg.