Embraer 190 kits?

Quarky

Hey guys! Have wandered over from the Sci-fi forum in the hope you may be able to help...

I've been trying to track down a plastic model kit of the EMB 190 - anyone know a manufacturer/stockist?

Resin isn't really an option as I'm a bit of a newbie...

I fly on these jets (BA/Citiflyer) to and from London City almost weekly and love these jets (despite a harrowing experience once during 'hurricane bawbag') so decided to try and build one :)

P.S. They ARE 190's right? Only some of the in-flight safety cards say '192'?

Any help appreciated

Hasegawa do the E-170, but am not sure if these can be modified or nor,.... maybe you could (if the wings etc are ok) buy a such and a van fuselage from Welsh?

if not, I motivate you to try Welsh' models E-190 kit. I had my first ever model built which was from Welsh, it was an ATP.... ok, it was not looking that fine but having built a second one, it look fantastic,.... and way easier than building any Revell or Minicraft or what ever! (way less parts!) the only thing that you need to know is, glue the resin parts with super glue to the van fuselage,.... if you don't do so, your model will not hold together that long,..... (not even building time,...)

I hope you're now motivated to try Welsh!? ;-)

Thanks for you help! Welsh models looks a good 'un then...but prepare yourself for a really daft question...

...as the fuselage is 'vac formed' - I assume that this means it is hollow, i.e. not solid?

Thanks!

you're right, Quarky! you need to cut out some strengtheners by yourself out of the remaining vac-parts.

But I encourage you to do it, as a vac-formed BAe ATP was my first built airliner, and I find them way easier than the usual..... i.e Revell....

Thanks for you help! Welsh models looks a good 'un then...but prepare yourself for a really daft question...

...as the fuselage is 'vac formed' - I assume that this means it is hollow, i.e. not solid?

Thanks!

Yes. The fuselage is made from a sheet of styrene which was heated and pulled into a mould. You have to trim it out of the sheet and sand away the scrap plastic, then glue it together using bulkheads and plastic strip to help it keep its shape. I did a similar Welsh Models kit for the Airliners II group build and detailed the steps of building it.

Yes. The fuselage is made from a sheet of styrene which was heated and pulled into a mould. You have to trim it out of the sheet and sand away the scrap plastic, then glue it together using bulkheads and plastic strip to help it keep its shape. I did a similar Welsh Models kit for the Airliners II group build and detailed the steps of building it.

Many thanks for your help Jessica - and the link to your build will help no end :)

Depends on which Airport you fly from, I work at Aberdeen airport on the London city flights and they are all e170's not sure about other airports.

Thanks Liam - have been doing a bit of field work...last time I flew to Gatwick I managed to get a few pics of the flight to LCY, waiting to depart at the next gate - G-LCYK - checked this out and it's an Embraer ERJ190-100SR.

Cheers