Noorduyn Norseman Matchbox 1/72

NorsemanBuild_zps1a8c2175.jpg

The start pic of my Sea/Float Plane group build project. Nothing fancy just a nice little build.

Enjoy it, it is a classic if little known Canadian aircraft. I built the Chorozy Modelbud kit which is resin but I'm pretty sure it was copied from the Matchbox kit. Looking at the sprues it looks like the Matchbox is better especially the shape of the floats.

8c4f46ca-eb34-4e32-aa85-408b55e1c31f_zps

The Matchbox kit is something between a Mk.IV and a Mk.VI, and is far from correct from both. The floats are even worse.....

I built a model as a Mk.IV some years ago (before the Chorozy kit was available):

Norseman_101_small.jpg

Nils

Hi Vingtor,

That is a realy nicely built Norseman. I have finished the Matchbox one we comunicated about last year and will try to post a picture when I get my new camera. I am very impressed that you managed to build it with the doors open - I thought about that but decided it was beyond me. Shame as the scratch built interior is virtually invisible now...

Nigel

I intend to build the Norseman in the attached pic. I like the wear and tear and should be able to source the markings from my spare decals.

1684_zpsd8b6b1f3.jpg

That's an interesting scheme!

I've been trying to work out what's happening on the nose, with the yellow cheat lines appearing to be on top of the worn-out dayglo.....?

Cheers

Cliff