New SB2U Vindicators in 1/72 scale

petr@SpecialHobby

Hello dear modellers,

We are happy to present to you now our new Vidicator models in 1/72 scale. Yes, we made these models in the past, but we have decided to try and make them again and in higher quality.

Main sprue is standard short-run, smaller parts will be injected into metal moulds.

Two versions for now, the SB2U-1 and SB2U-2. The brilliant boxarts are gems in themselves (made by our very skilful colleague Mr. Standa Hajek) and I hope you will like content of the boxes as well.

SH72272 SB2U-1:

SH72272_Vought_SB2U-1_Vindicator_zpsf35b

SH72257 SB2U-2:

SH72257_SB2U-2_Vindicator_zpscbad4f5d.jp

Camouflages are as follows (SB2U-1 version later):

SH72257_A_zpse301dbc7.jpg

SH72257_B_zps8f3c5b4d.jpg

SH72257_C_zps5ad75cd5.jpg

SH72257_D_zps930c5e06.jpg

Edited by petr@MPM

Thanks Petr, now is something to look forward to.

Enzo, I built a Rareplanes one after seeing the AWH article 40 years ago, even down to the Azure Blue undersides that Gordon Stevens recommended. :I don't think I'll go that way this time though. :)

Steve.

Enzo, I built a Rareplanes one after seeing the AWH article 40 years ago, even down to the Azure Blue undersides that Gordon Stevens recommended. :I don't think I'll go that way this time though. :)

Are you going to build one of these? Maybe we should have a Vindicator STGB. :lol:

The problem is going to be choosing the colour scheme. The yellow wings scheme is always smart. The grey scheme could look superb when weathered carefully. And then there's always the Chesapeake..

Edited by Enzo Matrix

I'd like to do one in the colours of the ones that served at Midway, maybe on the Teckmod sheet? & also & most definitely a Chesapeake.

Steve.

I fancy doing a Midway version as well - is there a possibility that the SB2U-3 will be kitted as well?

Mike. :)

Here is Techmod sheet

As well as 72038 that David put up with the Chesapeake & the french machines, techmod also do 72043 which has markings for US navy pre & early war Vindicators including a SB2U-3 from USS Ranger in Oct 41 in blue grey finish but alas no Midwway machines :(

Steve

• Like 1

Hi Petr, do you have a release date? I am chomping at the bit for one of these, I've been hunting in vain for the old kit for a couple of months now.

On a slightly of topic note here, would mpm ever consider moulding the vindicator's predecessor the Vought SBU Corsair? The only time i'm aware of that it has been kitted was by Esoteric and they go for absolutely shocking prices on ebay.

Cheers

So much for my plan... :fraidnot:

Having looked at The Stash, I decided that I didn't need to buy any more kits this year - after the Eduard Spitfire of course. But with have Typhoons and Harriers from Airfix, Starfires and Seastars from Sword and now Vindicators from MPM. All of them are must haves!

• 4 weeks later...

Dear modellers, to keep you all informed, here are first test shots photos. Some finishing touches are still necessary to avoid the burr around some parts, but it is only a few days´matter. So the Vindicators will be available before long.

And what is next? Well, maybe some other US Navy / Marine interwar birds?

Vindi_02_zps99feb736.jpg

Vindi_01_zps85146b4f.jpg

Vindi_03_zps1d653402.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Main parts common for SB2U-1 and -2 versions, and there will be another sprue containing different fuselage and wing for the -3, V-156 and Chesapeake machines.

vindiIMG_8368_zpsaa554f45.jpg

Metal moulds injected smaller parts, this sprue is to be "universal", common for all our VIndicator kits.

vindiIMG_8367_zpsd0cf9d41.jpg

• 1 month later...