Revell 1/72 Tornado GR1 UPDATE 9/7/2013

Mozzy19

Hers my contribution to my first ever Group Build. The well known Revell Tornado with some lovely Pavla bang seats, equally lovely figures from PJ Productions and Model Alliance decals. I also have a Flightpath ladder knocking around somewhere so I'll dig that out too. Plan is to make a diorama with the stuff.

Everything together (minus the ladder, its gone walkabouts)

image_zps565d317b.jpg

Sprue shots (not brilliant so I'll do it again tomorrow)

image_zpsad886d6c.jpg

Cheers

An ambitious Sean

:D

Such a cracking little kit this one! I can't decide between a GR or an F3, now you've entred the GR maybe I'll do an F3 to balance it out!

At least this one is relatively flash free, my previous one had flash on almost every part! I've got an ECR as well, and have also entered that.

Enter both Phil, go on you know you want to! :P

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

Made a very quick start today:

image_zps48b2794c.jpg

Still very rough at the moment as you can see (or maybe you can't see, the photo's crap! Sorry...)

Hope to get a bit more done over the weekend.

Sean

Edit: I think I've painted the side consoles the wrong colour.

• 1 month later...

Progress!!!

image_zpsc07de44c.jpg

I've completed most of the rear fuselage and have repainted the cockpit (didn't take a picture though!)

Should make some good progress on this and the ECR this week.

Sean

Looks like a Tornado now!

image_zpse3865195.jpg

Now to attach the belly pylons, paint the instrument coaming, fit and mask the canopy then filling/sanding/priming.

More tomorrow,

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of progress on this and the ECR, I should get restarted again as soon as I've finished my F-16 and should have regular progress in the coming weeks, not this stop/start nonsense!

Sean

Small amount of progress on this. More filling and sanding (I seem to be doing a lot of this with these 2 Tornados). Also made another set of rudimentary wing seals with Tamiya tape.

image_zps0fa9b758.jpg

image_zps520c9945.jpg

Sean

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Andy, I would have thought this G.B would be right up your street.

No progress to report, but I'll try get some colour on it this weekend (if I find the time!).

Sean

As usual with me, I have a slightly late update.

Got the colour on as well as a few other bits and pieces.

image_zpsb94bd34f.jpg

image_zpsbb50def2.jpg

It's going to be touch and go as to finishing it in time, but I'll give it my best shot.

Sean

• Like 1

Well it's safe to say, this will not be finished in time. It hasn't progressed any further since Tuesday and although it may be possible to finish it, it won't be to a suitable standard.

So I'm sorry to say I'll be bowing out of this one, but I will be back in the FAA group build.

Sean