One from last year. Apart from an aerial or two and some more clutter its done. Tamiya 1/35 Bren Gun Carrier Sprayed with Tamiya acrylics & finished chalk wash.

8633033144_5f9c8c4158.jpg
IMG_2937 by Snapper_city, on Flickr
8633036246_e1665f8efd.jpg
IMG_2938 by Snapper_city, on Flickr
8631932891_f731ff9bf0.jpg
IMG_2939 by Snapper_city, on Flickr
8633039148_0ab187097a.jpg
IMG_2941 by Snapper_city, on Flickr
  • Like 2

Thanks for the comments guys. Not one of my best as I can still see many areas I could improve but I'm happy enough with it.

Hi Mark, crisp little model, I normally lurk in the flyboy section but am interested in your description of 'chalk wash' am I right in thinking this is just blackboard type chalk and water?

• Like 1

Hi Mark, crisp little model, I normally lurk in the flyboy section but am interested in your description of 'chalk wash' am I right in thinking this is just blackboard type chalk and water?

They are just blending chalks scrapped with a scalpel blade to form a powder & mixed with turpentine I think.

They are just blending chalks scrapped with a scalpel blade to form a powder & mixed with turpentine I think.

A I see, I've just started to use artist's hard pastels to represent oil, exhaust and rust stains on my recent build. seems to be a pretty similar technique.

Thanks for the info.

Mark (also)

• 1 month later...