Hobby Boss F-111

I thought I would open the build threads with my offering of the 1/48 Hobby Boss F-111.

The plan is to build mostly from the box with all its faults left as they are!

Hopefully this will be a lakenheath F but that will depend on finding decals and burner cans!

Photos will commence on Saturday......

Cheers

I thought I would open the build threads with my offering of the 1/48 Hobby Boss F-111.

The plan is to build mostly from the box with all its faults left as they are!

Hopefully this will be a lakenheath F but that will depend on finding decals and burner cans!

Photos will commence on Saturday......

Cheers

Afterburner makes a set of Lackenheath decals

They are OOP now so I'm on the hunt for some! Only place I have found a set is squadron in the US but postage is a touch high! We will see

Cheers

sprue brothers has them in stock(or did this afternoon)

I made a start on the cockpit over the weekend! I have used the basic Eduard PE for the interior as it looks much better than what I can do with a paint brush!

I pinched some belts from a defunct F-14 build to help improve the seats. Not at all accurate but looks much better than what hobby boss supplies

7F09CC66-E013-46E6-B854-3DD4ECB996F7-385

42ED42FA-83E5-41E3-87D7-C627470F411A-385

Now onto the troublesome escape capsule join. The fit of this part is pretty bad and there will be a lot of detail to replace, this is an area where my modelling skills fall down but hopefully the camo will hide any of my mistakes

27B7FE1D-6AC5-462A-A415-88898951F3B4-198

I make up 4 tags to help align the capsule and forward fuselage which has helped but its still not great.

8FDB96F0-4863-4767-A930-F383357B305E-198

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

looking good, now wishing I had build one of these!

Cockpit looks great, have spent many a time upside down working in one of these....no fun if you're over 6'! The cockpit loos pre-PaveTach era, radar scope was replaced, these early scopes had a cone shroud over them. The only thing missing from the Eduard kit is the throttles in the centre and LH consol.

Can't wait to see this baby finish.......have a real soft spot for them!! :wub:

This has spurred me to get 4 of my Varks out of the stash... along with the paragon resin addons for flaps n slats and the verlinden detialing sets.. the latter are a bit of an issue as the box says they are 1/48th but the resin tub and seats are most deffo 1/72. DAMN!