Fw200 Condor

Hi there,

Here are some pics of the revell 1\72 Condor that i completed last year. Unfortunately which is always the case with me, just when all was nearly done i got a small spillage of something on the fuselage when i was fixing the aerial wire, then broke the antenna in a moment of panic.

i really enjoyed putting this kit together, the fit of the parts was on the whole was very good . Built out of the box I reckon its one of the best value kits on the market today. Hope you like it .

3s_zps56b40da5.jpg1s_zpscb933060.jpg5s_zps8551d950.jpg2s_zps9e77c1d1.jpg6s_zpsb594ea15.jpg

• Like 21

Another nice build. I've always thought that the front upper turret looked odd on a Condor, it just spoils the otherwise sleek lines (although the gondola doesn't help either!) but that's nothing to do with your build just the Focke Wulf designers. ;)

Sean

That is a bit blooming nice. :thumbsup: I've one of these tucked away & it is so good to know how well it goes together. That marvellous "Ring Around the World" unit symbol looks so good on these.

Steve.

A very nice build. :goodjob: I would love to do one of these myself but am very short on the old space front.

Another nice build. I've always thought that the front upper turret looked odd on a Condor, it just spoils the otherwise sleek lines (although the gondola doesn't help either!) but that's nothing to do with your build just the Focke Wulf designers. ;)
Sean

I think the designers got the scaling wrong when they put the plans back through the photocopier :banghead:

Thanks so much for your encouraging comments, i quite agree with you Mozzy about the gun turret and gondola , but originally being built as an airliner i suppose it was a bit of an after thought, What attracted me to this aircraft was that it was so futuristic for its time when first built in 1937; It would be nice to see revell bring out a civilian version in the future,

It would be nice to see revell bring out a civilian version in the future,

I think they did once? Be nice to see it out again though.

Immaculate paint finish on yours Stuck :)

Cliff

• 7 years later...

Beautiful job, there!  Getting everything lined up just-so must've been a real adventure, though.  I share others' opinions about the hulking, hydraulically steered turret for the 20mm cannon.  Though it looks out of place, that is exactly how it looks in photos in my references.  One alternative would be to go out and purchase the Squadron / Falcon NZ set of canopies for the FW-200, which includes the smaller, sleeker FW-19 turret used on several aircraft.  It certainly improves the look.  You'll need to fashion a 7.9mm MG, but shouldn't be a problem.