Spitfire IXc Early vs Late - What are the Differences?

Calum

Hi everybody!

I'm happy to have triggered such a nice discussion!

I'have been out for some days then tomorrow I'll go through all this academic suggestions more thoroughly, but I convinced myself to buy a mk.IX early #8282 as per scooby suggestion and a mk.XVI weekend edition #84141 to crosskit the upper side of the wing as suggested by giorgio n (let's have a coffe somewhere as we leave so close that a chat on this topic will be so nice!)

for the time thanks for pumping all this precious advice I'll read carefully

ciao

giuliano

6 hours ago, GIULIANO said:

Hi everybody!

I'm happy to have triggered such a nice discussion!

I'have been out for some days then tomorrow I'll go through all this academic suggestions more thoroughly, but I convinced myself to buy a mk.IX early #8282 as per scooby suggestion and a mk.XVI weekend edition #84141 to crosskit the upper side of the wing as suggested by giorgio n (let's have a coffe somewhere as we leave so close that a chat on this topic will be so nice!)

for the time thanks for pumping all this precious advice I'll read carefully

ciao

giuliano

Ciao Giuliano, it will be a pleasure to have coffee discussing Spitfires !

I don't agree on the choice of the Spitfire IX early, you would need a Ixc late, as this has the longer intake that the aircraft you want to model features. Even better would be a Mk.IXe, as the wing of this can go on the XVI to build a wartime aircraft (all XIV had the E wing)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

the choice of the Spitfire IX early, you would need a Ixc late,

This is going to be OK.... The early includes the front under-pan with the big intake, and the later wing bottom has the moulding to complete the shape. 

👍

• Like 1

ciao Giorgio

we should definitely meet around bresso for a coffee as things to debate are so interesting

my understanding was oriented for an early as the box contains both bottom wing parts and types with long and short carb intake and corresponding underwing seat

as far as the top is concerned i would xkit with the top wing of a w/end edition of a XIV with the correct top wheelbay drop bulge that for a little 13 euros saves me a lot of headache considering the mirrorlike finish of the beast but I can be obviously wrong

dunno how to send you a pm for a coffe but I need expert advice as I'm totally ignorant on this matter.

ciao e grazie

giuliano

@GIULIANO, if you click on Giorgio 's little picture icon by his name, you get to his profile page, and there's an envelope picture for mail.

Click that and it will start a chat stream with him. 

We're ALL coming over to your house in November so we can watch the Silver Spitfire arrive in Italy..... 😀😎😁

On 9/21/2019 at 12:32 AM, rob Lyttle said:

Hi @GIULIANO, how's it going with the Silver Spitfire project?

Have you got plastic yet? 

This is a useful image.... 

FB_IMG_1566294892060

You can see something of the wing tanks, and the extra tank being fitted in the fuselage behind the cockpit. 

Also the 4 spoked wheels etc. 

Here's the tanks being filled, in sunny California... 

IMG_20190827_001210

FB_IMG_1567454296898

Good shot of the exhaust stubs. 

😎

ciao

still planning and grasping the full picture of the whole argument not to waste money buying wrong stuff and waiting for a coffee with giorgio across our local motorway next to the tiny airport that will be graced by the silver beauty sometimes next november

thanks fo help advice support and suggestions

measure twice cut once is valid also for the wallet!!!!!!!!!

ciao

giuliano

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It landed at Lelystad Airport today at around 16.00 hours. 
Just too late to get good pictures (and it was raining lightly anyway) so I enjoyed the sight of G-IRTY doing a landing break while stuck in traffic. 

There are worse distractions 😉

• Like 2