First BA A380 fully painted

Stephen

There was, for a short while, a lot of speculation that BA would adopt a new livery for the A.380 and 787. Nothing based on fact that I could see and this dispels any thought of that.

The other two BA 380's flying both have these tails and engines on the primer so it looks set to stay for now.

It does look rather smart. The 380 is not a shape that wears some liveries very well. A bit like a large lady wearing clothes made for a slim teen.

• Like 1

Yep, I saw it being slowly put together at Toulouse before it departed for the full paint job in Hamburg. There is some amazing stuff down in Toulouse at the moment, with Malaysian Airline's A380 almost ready as well as this that did a slow flyby down the runway...

00007320.jpg

Well, I'm going to be the first to disagree here & state that I think it actually looks rather bland. I don't like that BA paint scheme - especially the silly looking flag on the tail. However, that's just a personal view. I think that the BA fleet looked its smartest in the Landor scheme.

However, at least it's not as dull and unimaginative as the Air France livery!!

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

I have to agree. BA's livery is particularly dull, but don't forget it was designed with those ridiculous tail schemes in mind. It would be an improvement if they could curve the blue up towards the tail, paint the tail blue and alter the flag to reflect the new background.

Just my opinion, but it is good to see the A380 in BA colours at last.

Just my opinion, but it is good to see the A380 in BA colours at last.

Lol!! On that we can also agree!! Be nice to see the Virgin Atlantic A 380s when they arrive as well.

According to the article on the link below at Flight Global, says that for the first few months they will be using the plane for short haul flights for training purposes.....and then flying long haul to Hong Kong and Los Angeles.....

I wonder where they will be doing the short haul flights....?

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/pictures-british-airways-rolls-out-first-painted-a380-384267/

According to the article on the link below at Flight Global, says that for the first few months they will be using the plane for short haul flights for training purposes.....and then flying long haul to Hong Kong and Los Angeles.....

I wonder where they will be doing the short haul flights....?

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/pictures-british-airways-rolls-out-first-painted-a380-384267/

Heathrow to Edinburgh ?? :lol:

iF ONLY!!

I've flown on the Emirates A380's 4 or 5 times now and it's a great aircraft, but I have to say I find that BA livery very boring.

Edinburgh would be great....I would be on a flight in a heartbeat....my mrs and I love Edinburgh....but I would love to fly on an A380....

I love Edinburgh too! But then, I'm biased - I LIVE here!! Hope we go get a chance to see one though - despite the boring colours!! We had an A380 doing a circuit & flypast 4 years ago. Apart from Concorde's final flight, I have never seen so many people around the airport!

Allan

Are BA going to buy the 747-8?

I rather like the 747-8. There is some'at overly bulky about the A380.

We have the 747-8 cargo version but not the passenger one. There was a rumour about a purchase but nothing came of it.