1:144 Antaeus (Cock is too ugly a name for this beauty)

Pin

Great news - for 1:144 scale modellers..... it'll make an interesting companion to Revell's An-124 & C-17 in the same scale.

But that isn't a large Cock.. THIS is a large Cock......

an-22_54.jpg

Amodel's 1/72 scale An-22 'Amonster' - built a few years ago now.

Interestingly, in Greek myth, Antaeus was defeated by another large 4-engined transport - Hercules.

Ken

Interestingly, in Greek myth, Antaeus was defeated by another large 4-engined transport - Hercules.

Ken, you are mixing up Greek and Roman mythology - Hercules is Roman name for Heracles, and Heracles is H.P. 42/45, that is also 4-engine :)

Edited by Pin

I took this photo at Gostomel, Kiev, in 2006..... note the guy by the front wheel.....

Ukrain2006_08.jpg

This one at a rainy Tver - its home base - in 2007.....

day05_025.jpg

... and this freshly refurbished - and repainted - one at MAKS 2009.....

day02_076.jpg

Ken

• Like 2

I really like the look of that 3 colour camo, even a smaller 1/144 would look spectacular in that. I've long liked the An22, there is something about the way the cockpit sits proud of the fuselage & those twin fins that harks back to an earlier era. It simply oozes character.

Steve.

• Like 1

This one was at Yeovilton a few years ago................

Got to sit in it, but they would not permit photographs, pity .............................Smudge

Great pictures!

They would not permit taking photographs inside...... what is that all about?

What secrets could it possibly contain?

Or is it just remnants of old Soviet mentality?

regards

Nicolai

They would not permit taking photographs inside...... what is that all about?

What secrets could it possibly contain?

Or is it just remnants of old Soviet mentality?

regards

Nicolai

The An-22 in swordfish fairey's photos at Yeovilton belongs to the Antonov Design Bureau - not the Russian military.

But they let us aboard it at Gostomel - and I took loads of pics of the interior.

They also let us inside the RusAF one at Tver - the An-22's home base in Russia - and we could take as many photos as we wanted.....

day05_026.jpg

day05_027.jpg

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely not my preferred scale but, let's be practical!! :lol: . The 1/72 Amonster kit is unaffordable so, I'll settle for this! Any news on a release date?

Allan

• 9 months later...

Definitely not my preferred scale but, let's be practical!! :lol: . The 1/72 Amonster kit is unaffordable so, I'll settle for this! Any news on a release date?

Allan

Didn't keep me from buying one. So I had to take out a second mortgage on the house. It was worth it.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

I remember seeing that one on the telly, iirc, it dropped a wheel off the runway on landing. With an undercart like that, it probably wasn't too much of a deal. ;)

Steve.

It was at farnbrough came to deliver an engine if i remember rightly

Rodders

• Like 1

Can't resist from buying this monsterous miniature.can't afford the Amodel kit since is was way too expensive and too big for my 12x10

hobby room.so by hook or by crook i've got to hv one!Probably do the grey one since all that camo will spoil the pleasant appearance of the mighty cock.

• 2 weeks later...

She looks very nice may have to see about picking one up any news on price? One odd thing is why are the reg codes all backed by a white surround on the decal sheet when some will need to go on grey portions of the a/c?