Revell Corvette C6 - Late to the grid but catching up fast

Graham77

Don't worry about being late to the the grid Graham, some of us are still stuck in the pit lane!

Great choice of kit.

Cheers,

Warren

Ah, one of the best sounding cars over the last years races, great choice.

That applies to anything with a Yank based block in it - The S7 Saleens, Vipers (who are back this year yippee). The diesels/hybrids are just too quiet...

Rich

That applies to anything with a Yank based block in it - The S7 Saleens, Vipers (who are back this year yippee). The diesels/hybrids are just too quiet...

Rich

So true. The sound of the early Panoz cars was also just wonderful music.

Thanks for the interest chaps, had the kit out for the traditional wash and check of the parts and see very little that needs tidying up before a coat of primer and painting can begin. However father time may have a different idea so I may not actually get to doing anymore til May ( :weep: ) . Nevermind though gives me some more time to see how good this car was. I only picked it as I like the look of Corvettes only recently did I realise that this one raced really well aswell. Now off to You Tube to see if I can find some video that gets anywhere close to the V8 you are all talking about (they are great aren't they... in almost any car, as an aside was at Mercedes Benz World a weekend or so ago and their cars sounded awesome aswell doing the driving demos)

Hopefully updates to follow sooner

Cheers

Graham

• 1 month later...

Just back from a trip across the pond to visit my wife's family and see the mythical object called the sun (although as my parents said as soon as we left it came out here aswell). Anyway enough about the weather while I was there I found this and it followed me home so I now have 2 kits in pit lane and hopefully at the weekend I will get to do some on work on them.

null_zps11a402ad.jpg

You can never have too many Corvettes

Graham

Managed a couple of hours this evening so attacked both kits with the primer. My intention is to build them side by side and opefully as the interiors are reasonably similar it will hopefully be fairly straight forward. I sat down with the instructions and set about a plan, lets see if it comes together.

At the end of the evening the workbench looked like this

null_zpsdc1c100a.jpg

Interestingly Revell Germany and Revell US have tackled this car quite differently but more of that as the build progresses. With any luck the paint for the bodywork should arrive tomorrow and hopefully i get another couple of nights like this and make some real progress to try and get these to the finish line. Thanks for looking and hopefully next time they'll be some closer up photos

Cheers

Graham

Ha Ha, that is tidy for me.... I am trying to be a bit more organised for this one as it seems to be the only way to get the two done in time, Heres the latest shot from pit lane

null_zps40119385.jpg

Back to the house decorating and occasional other painting

Cheers

Graham

Well as the cars entered the final hour the Corvette boss called the team together for a chat, alot of work to go and little time. Do we withdraw or get to it. Much whooping and chest beating and the odd late night saw some rapid progress and the teams vowed to get the cars done for the finish. Sadly little in the way of progress pics as it was all hands to the paint and build (which with two cars is actually fairly easy, as one part dries you can paint another and with two chassis and two bodies there was plenty to do)

End of the late night:

null_zps7c9e7f8e.jpg

One rolling chassis, one nearly rolling chassis and two painted bodies (aswell as two very red eyes.. all part of the Lemans experience

Next day some slightly better pics

C5

null_zpse7f690f7.jpg

C6

null_zps81903c9f.jpg

Hopefully my next update will be the two leaving the garage to join the other finishers on a victory lap.

Cheers for watching

Graham

Great progress Graham, know what you mean about progress photos, nt the first thing that comes into your mind when applying paint in a hurry.

Cheers,

Warren

They'll both be finished by the end of the week but not tonight, thanks for all the encouragement and keep an eye out in the vehicle section for the finished result (unless this thread is still open). Sadly the two vettes did not make it to the finish line hopefully Corvette will do better in the actual race in a couple of weeks time

Cheers

Graham