Metal Gear - REX

What ho chaps and chapesses, After a short interlude off to Australia im back and finally finished off my MG-REX model

Decided to paint it in a Digital Camo pattern which was an absolute BALLACHE! but the end result is actually really sweet and im very happy with it.

Added some decals, mostly from a 1/72 F-22 Kit of course the problem with low-vis Grey markings on a grey model is some of them really dont stand out very well, but i suspect thats the whole point of low-vis markings in the first place :P

I also weathers the model with a mixture of an oil-wash, some Promodeller Dark Dirt, and some cMK Star Dust which gave a great effect, i tried to keep the dust confined to the lower parts of the legs and the underside of the model where i guess the dust would be kicked up.

now unfortunately something has literally eaten away at some of the plastic, I had a couple of parts literally crumble away while i was moving the mode, so i decided to post id and reinforce with glue the joints, so it really isnt re-posable now, im not sure if it was poor plastic being use int he modelling, or a reaction to something i painted with (but that was just acrylics, an oil wash and a spray of Halfords clear) so just be careful if your making this kit, but otherwise very happy witht he end result :)

8616498982_477faf1979_c.jpg

8615393539_7a17478f57_c.jpg

8616499250_483fff222d_c.jpg

8616499720_e895a3b8a2_c.jpg

8616499910_c5d6c00da0_c.jpg

8616500270_ccac744db6_c.jpg

8616500500_c581bc6f1a_c.jpg

thanks for looking, hope you like it :)

• Like 2

That really looks awesome.

I've heard of plastic crumbling with some Japanese sci-fi kits, but I thought it was usually down to either liquid glue or lacquer paints? I'm glad you've been able to work around it.

Very nicely done :)

The subtle weathering is superb.

If you painted the digital camo by hand you have done an amazing job. I'm impressed at all of the sharp corners. I know that there are mask kits available for digi-cam that would make life a lot easier.

Excellent build and it is a real shame that the kit misbehaved for you.

Thanks for all the comments everyone

Inso: yes the camo was all done by hand, lots and lots of tamiya tape, really wish id known about the camo masks beforehand :P

Andy,

The finer details of Metal Gear-REX is quite simply OUTSTANDING.

The digital camouflage may have been a ball ache ,but you Sir , you have done a

a FANTASTIC job on it making it look effortless and is VERY NEAT & FLAWLESS. :yahoo::thumbsup::yahoo:

Different shades of grey is quite well thought out and I think it is AWESOME... :clap:

The hinges and brackets as I call them are most IMPRESSIVE..

VERY NICE indeed.. :worthy::worthy: