MiG-23BN Trumpeter 1/48

10 or 15 years ago I converted the old ESCI kit with Kazan parts into a MiG-23BN. With the new Trumpy kit the idea came to scrap this (has been damaged in home moves) and use the nose to do the same again.
Here's the result:

I used
- Eduard MiG-23 exterior (splitter plates and some accessories)
- Eduard MiG-27 interior
- Eduard MiG-27 exterior (rear bomb rack)
- Kazan (nose, wheel wells)
- North Star (Kh-23 missiles)
- NeOmega (seat)
- Academy MiG-29 (front wheels)
- TOM (decals)

Scratch: Nozzle, rudder damper removed....

Plane served in Fighter-Bomber Sqdr. 37 (JBG-37) in Drewitz, GDR as shown in the late 80s.

Hope you like it.

DSC_0003_zps3c96a53b.jpg

• Like 1

- Where to get Kazan transkits?

- Find someone who's got one and 1) torture him or 2) kidnap his kids/grandma/wife/hamster and trade them for it

- Sell one of your kidneys (or better, find someone's kidney and sell it) and buy a kit on eBay if you can find it (a kidney might not be enough, so keep your donor's heart, liver and corneas handy).

Edited by Sebastien
  • Like 1

- Find someone who's got one and 1) torture him or 2) kidnap his kids/grandma/wife/hamster and trade them for it

- Sell one of your kidneys (or better, find someone's kidney and sell it) and buy a kit on eBay if you can find it (a kidney might not be enough, so keep your donor's heart, liver and corneas handy).

- I have an old mother in law does it works.....?

I swear, I did none of that!

There was a 2nd conversion kit from a czech company called Miku on the market, also only for a short time. From time to time you can find this on Ebay (for ridiculous prices). The Kazan was a vacu, the Miku a resin kit (what I would prefer but I still need my kidneys...)