Modelsvit Tu-144 1:72

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be something wrong with the pictures Pin - I for one cannot see them.

Concering the price this iscertainly putting me off :-(

OK - you get 10% preorder discount ;-)

Maybe some mail order in Ukraine or so will have it cheaper, but I doubt it will be anywhere near "impulse buy"...

Paging General Melchett .......General "Insanity" Melchett.

White Courtesy Phone. Your latest episode of insanity has arrived.

Amaaaaaaaaaazing Model. Plus, it has Canards. Who can't love a supersonic sheep?

Thanks for posting. Truly awe inspiring work.

david

It is... Even at HobbyTerra is is 399 USD - and HT is in the same country as Modelsvit which usually means the price is lowest there. Well I would love to have a Tu-144 in 1-72 but my sound barrier is somewhere between 100 and 150 USD. For instance I would also like a Succhoi T-4 or an M-52 Bounder in that scale - but I have none because the A-Model kits are just a tad too pricy for me.

Frankly from the pictures the panel lines look a bit on the thick side - and what I wonder about is the engraved lines aroud the doors are not very close to the doors the decals show (first picture)... The U/C looks very nice but the exhausts appear a bit simplyfied. Well - nothing of this is based on researched - it is just what I think. At this price there should certainly be no room for issues (the price alone is issue enough).

• 5 weeks later...

Now available at HobbyTerra and on ebay...

...and what I wonder about is the engraved lines aroud the doors are not very close to the doors the decals show (first picture)...

Those are the reinforcing door liners found on this aircraft.

• 3 weeks later...

Just received today the new 1/72 Modelsvit Tu-144 kit. And what a kit it is! If you have any doubts about the quality, it is spectacular. It comes in a full-size box, with beautiful cover artwork (a photo of the actual aircraft) and contains nearly 500 pieces. Interestingly, both the wing assembly and fuselage are complete parts, with nicely engraved panel lines. The rest is incredibly detailed: each main landing gear has over 50 parts! Decals are superb, on register and very good color. Two complete markings, plus an extra sheet for the flags and flight deck instruments. Of course, a complete flight deck too. Nose is positionable either in-flight or landing/take-off... but I'm not sure if it's moveable. And the windows are unique. Instead of individual clear parts for each window or decal windows, strips of clear plastic are provided that get attached to the fuselage and then covered by the cheatline decals. Amazing! A sheet of masking stickers is provided for painting the flight deck windows. Instructions are well illustrated and in both English and Russian. The only thing missing is a stand. But I'm going to build this one gear down, so that won't be a problem.

• Like 1

Now that looks very nice,

Dave I can see one of these heading towards Melchett Towers forthwith, ( it would be rude not too but only after some concerted bartering ! ). I need one to keep the Bounder, Bison and B70 company.....panel lines do look a tad heavy from the piccies but then the real thing looks like it was forged at a boiler plate plant and I'm sure they'll be easily dealt with......magnificent beast.

Now that looks very nice,

Dave I can see one of these heading towards Melchett Towers forthwith, ( it would be rude not too but only after some concerted bartering ! ). I need one to keep the Bounder, Bison and B70 company.....panel lines do look a tad heavy from the piccies but then the real thing looks like it was forged at a boiler plate plant and I'm sure they'll be easily dealt with......magnificent beast.

Yeah i noticed the panel lines too, but if i were in that predicament i'd just hose the thing down with a gray automotive acrylic lacquer primer, then wet sand the sucker back down to bare plastic. There's be no question as to if you "got" all the seams during the construction process, the panel lines will be shallower and....just think how smooth that baby will be before more paint goes on.

Mind you, this is a completely theoretical discussion. Wet sanding a Tu-144 is very different from wet-sanding a Corsair. I'm sure it would help the Airfix/ Heller Concorde as well (shudders).

-d-

• 8 months later...