RS Models 1/72 Miles Magister (307 Sqn)

First time posting anything I've built on BM... :shutup:
Built OOB with the kit supplied decals.

I didn't bother to weather the aircraft - I just loved the scheme too much to do so *LOL*

The kit went together quite nicely but I know I still need practice when it comes to filling/sanding/smoothing and the pressure I'm using to airbrush along with thinning the Xtracrylix used probably could use some help as well *LOL*

I'm just happy when I'm able to finish one!!

Cheers,

Dave

DSC_5968.jpg

DSC_5969.jpg

DSC_5970.jpg

DSC_5973.jpg

DSC_5975.jpg

• Like 8

That's lovely and I can't belive you got so many views and no comments yet. It sure dont seem as chatty as it was a few years back. Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing more of your builds. I guess everyone is busy with Easter eggs lol.

Thank you :)

I am far from an expert at this stuff and, to be honest, I look at every kit I build as practice for the next one *LOL* :D

I have one other recently finished kit that I will post later.

Cheers,
Dave

no one expects you to be an expert im not either. its all about taking part and having fun. and were all supportive of each other. all ages and abilities.

thats how we all learn.

indeed britmodeller has improved my skills.

(at least i hope so)

it looks a very tiny bird. any chance you could do a photo of her next to a pound coin ? or a paint pot to get an idea of the size

I totally forgot to put something next to it for size comparison - my mistake :)

I'll see if I can take another photo later this evening and it next to a Humbrol tin :)

Cheers,
Dave

A nice model. Join the club its the first time for me tonight as well ,its a bit like going on a talent contest with Simon Cowl as the judge , isnt it!!!. LOL

• Like 1

It don't change builds I made a few years ago with and was happy with and thought my best I look at now and think hmm why did I settle for that but still happy with it. And that goes on. You models of today are your best today but next month some will be ok and others you think to yourself "dang I really knocked myself out there good job" then there are throw back models, the ones you try your hardest with and for some reason fall way below par and you wonder what happened.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

eeerrrmmm, could be looking at one of these for the Training Aircraft GB for me I reckon.

Somehow I missed this post. That is a very nicely done Magister, and nice to see the RS model built as I have one in the stash - and intend to join the Training Types GB with it once the current commitments are out of the way. I hope it turns out as nicely as yours.

Wow.. thanks folks :)

I'm honoured and humbled by the compliments :)

Thank you,

Dave

Good job Dave! It is a lovely looking aeroplane IMHO - always liked the shape of this one. You've done a good job too and I'm impressed you're using an airbrush at all - my own attempts failed miserably and I've resigned myself to hairy sticks! If it were me, I think the only thing I would do differently next time is maybe use some Tamiya tape to get a crisper demarcation line between the camo and trainer yellow at the wind root.

Great stuff - looking forward to seeing your next one!

GJ