AFV Club 1/48 F-5F Swiss Air Force

Hello friends,

Here is my latest completion. 1/48 AFV Club F-5F (ROCAF kit) with KASL Hobby resin cockpit and FOD covers. Royale Resin wheels and a turned metal pitot. Decals are from the Old Revell Germany F-5E kit (two sets thanks Markus for the spares).

SAM_0300_Edited_zps944dff68.jpg

SAM_0301_Edited_zpsf92d1290.jpg

SAM_0320_Edited_zps71406e46.jpg

SAM_0314_Edited_zpse4a07543.jpg

SAM_0313_Edited_zps123dddf3.jpg

SAM_0316_Edited_zpscdd910aa.jpg

SAM_0311_Edited_zpse5f0735b.jpg

SAM_0308_Edited_zpsb1173fbc.jpg

SAM_0307_Edited_zpse92a1d47.jpg

SAM_0305_Edited_zpsf9df5a19.jpg

SAM_0324_Edited_zps0df0dd60.jpg

SAM_0304_Edited_zps1d410568.jpg

I like the lines of the two seater. Swiss markings make for something different in the cabinet. Hope you like her. Comments welcome.

Andrew P.

• Like 11

Looks very nice indeed...strangly do not see much of this wonderful varient built up......you have just motivated me to bring mine up the pile......

sweet

rgds

mr b

Job well done Andrew! Just one question, please tell me how you accentuate your panel lines? It is something I really struggle with at the moment. The biggest problem for me is finding the right medium to use. I really like the way you did yours so I am keen to hear about your method.

Regards

Victor

Thank you all for the kind words.

Job well done Andrew! Just one question, please tell me how you accentuate your panel lines? It is something I really struggle with at the moment. The biggest problem for me is finding the right medium to use. I really like the way you did yours so I am keen to hear about your method.

Regards

Victor

Victor the panel lines are done with a mix of Tamiya Acrylic paint, water and some dishwashing detergent to aid the flow and retard adhesion. Best applied over a a good gloss with sharp panel lines. The excess just wipes off the gloss leaving the rest in the lines.

Very nice Andrew; good skills. How were the decals? I've built their Patrouile Suisse example and the decals fell apart.

The decals are from an old Revell Germany kit and were tough as old boots. Heavy applications of strong setting solution required. I didn't use any AFV club decals from the kit as it was a Taiwanese aggressor boxing ( but had all the right bits).

what happened to the day-glo drop tank???

Looks good, the swiss markings are different, by the way, pre-ordered you a kitty hawk RAF Jag. I take it you want one? If not, I'm happy to keep it

Bruce

Chickened out on the dayglo tank. :coolio:

fabulous build!, very nice olour touch with the sidewinder and its protection cap :)

Very nice Andrew; good skills. How were the decals? I've built their Patrouile Suisse example and the decals fell apart.

Matterhorn Circle and IPMS Austria both do a wonderful sheet for Swiss (and Austrian) F-5 Tigers:

http://www.mc-one.ch/Documents/right%20stuff/dokuments/Tigone/Tigone-1.htm

http://www.ipms.at/ipms/product_info.php?language=en&info=p13_F-5E-Sharknose-Tigers---Decalbogen-1-48.html&XTCsid=ijqee26gabir2j4r0fktisgsg5