Revell Halifax Mk.II- Freightdog Update Set- Coastal Command Scheme

Regarding those white metal Aeroclub props I have, I was thinking that if I were to cut each one up into 4 separate blades and with a bit of fettling, I could stick them into the Revell spinners. It may not be great but better than a boot to the man-dangles!

Chris

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 3:41 AM, dogsbody said:

Regarding those white metal Aeroclub props I have, I was thinking that if I were to cut each one up into 4 separate blades and with a bit of fettling, I could stick them into the Revell spinners. It may not be great but better than a boot to the man-dangles!

Chris

You could,.... but the Revell spinners are absolute pants mate. Best bet would be to buy a resin conversion set from Freightdog or Pavla etc and use the solid resin spinners provided,.... that is the way I would go without an Aeroclub conversion set,..... at least you get decent radiators etc too.

Tony

On 10/21/2019 at 3:37 AM, dogsbody said:

I've been hoping Freightdog would do a set of 4-bladers to go with his radiator/lower cowling sets. I've mentioned it to him before.

DO YOU HEAR ME, COLIN !!!! We Halifax fans really need this.

Chris

I`ve asked too Chris!! 

• Like 1

I just thought carving up the white metal might be easier than chewing up resin. Less nasty dust. Also, I might need another Freightdog set in order to have enough prop blades. Then I would have all the rest of the set just laying around and there's also the extra cost. I'm an old dude on a fixed income.

Chris