Revell Halifax Mk.II- Freightdog Update Set- Coastal Command Scheme

Hello Folks,

I made this one some time ago to represent a Halifax GR.II (Special) from 58 Sqn at St. Davids, Wales in 1943 but I can now share it with you, hope you like it;

38-1_zpsac6aea82.jpg

34-1.jpg

33-2.jpg

The Freightdog update set was fantastic and although not totally accurate for the rivet counters out there it certainly makes the Revell Halifax actually look like a Halifax and it is really easy to use. I added bracing inside the nose cone for the .5 Browning carried by Halifax`s of 58 & 502 Sqns and it came from an old USAAF bomber kit.

This model appears in the latest issue of Airfix Modelworld magazine,

All the best

Tony O

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 45

Superb job as normal. Funnily enough I was thinking of getting one of the Freightdog sets to do a Halifax even though 1/72 isn't my normal scale. This has just helped to make my mind up!

That is rather lovely :wub:

I have the FreightDog parts too and judging by this build it's an excellent compromise on the engine problem. I think my Halibag may have to be dug out now...

Tom

Thanks everybody,.....glad you like it.

Chris,...sorry I meant to add that the exhausts are from Quickboost,thanks to my mate Ben who gave them to me.

Cheers

Tony O

Edited by tonyot

Thanks everybody,.....glad you like it.

Chris,...sorry I meant to add that the exhausts are from Quickboost,

Cheers

Tony O

I may have to invest in that. I was thinking maybe doing a Coastal Command version, or perhaps Special Duties one. I'm torn.

Chris

Love it Tony! Strangely enough Gill and I are having a long weekend in Pembrokeshire soon and a walk round the old airfield at St Davids is one of the items on the agenda if my legs will play ball.

Martin

I may have to invest in that. I was thinking maybe doing a Coastal Command version, or perhaps Special Duties one. I'm torn.

Chris

Why not go for both, my next one will probably be a Special Duties or Glider Tug aircraft,

Cheers

Tony O

A lovely build Tony, boy does the Halibag suit this scheme :)

The freightdog set really does make a big difference to the kit.

Cheers, Neil

A lovely build Tony, boy does the Halibag suit this scheme :)

The freightdog set really does make a big difference to the kit.

Cheers, Neil