Star Trek: The Official Starships Collection

Well, last night, I was in a bad mood.... (Idiot family member: don't get me started...!)

Went for a wander to clear my head & pick up some chicken & chips, and maybe a bottle of wine.

My friendly local newsagent had issue 2 on his shelf, last copy, & said i could have it for 3quid!!

SOLD!!

Upon inspection, Its not too bad, but has NO aztecing anywhere. Still, for 3 quid, i'm not too upset, & apparently, the best of the 1st batch are the NX-01 (nearly ALL metal!) & the Warbird (better detail than the -D). We'll see....

• 3 weeks later...

My son bought me issue 1 with the Enterprise D. Not a bad model actualy but having seen issue 2 I won't be buying any more. The Doctor Who mags are even worse the quality of the figures is quite appaling. My local newsagent and it is a large one, is not stocking any of these magazines other than those people have ordered in advance. Did anyone buy the Batman vehicle collection ? If so what were they like ?.

• 2 weeks later...

Those FASA models seem to be in demand here in the US - the ones I see on eBay seem to go for big bucks, at least for the more popular ships, and you could probably do quite well if you have the full collection. I believe they were manufactured for FASA by C-in-C Miniatures, which used to make an excellent line of micro armor and ships for wargaming back in the day.

I met one of the guys who did some of the FASA molds at a model here in Texas around 1998/99, he was with a small company that was marking resin kits of Trek ships about in scale with the big E-D. FASA lost every thing when they got fought marking models, and during RoboTek(sp) designs in one of their war games. They got sued for every thing they had plus a bag of chips.

Big Trek fan as concerns the Federation ships and a few of the "Alien" ships so I decided to purchase the Enterprise D off the shelf as i wanted a look at these funky little ships. The Enterprise D is a really nice looking model, love the Aztec detail and the markings on the hull, good proportions and paint applications. Liked it that much I bought another 3.

Next came the one I have been waiting for, my fave movie era Enterprise. On first inspection, not as detailed as the D. Closer inspection reveals the some join / seam problems around the engineering hull and war drive pylon base, no Aztec markings there, photon torp launchers were the same colour as the body and the warp engines are missing the black detail. Not impressed with this one becasue I thought being the model that most would want out of this collection, it wasn't up in to scratch.

Next, saw the KBoP on the shelves. gone is the clossy card folder, replaced with the plastic bag, the price is now £9.99p. The KBoP is a very nice model, but not for the price, it's two high for these, nice as some are.

Not buying any for RRP, keeping a keen eye on ebay in the future for the Federation ships I want more than anything.