Royal Australian Navy Skyhawks.

Gekko_1

Hi guys, well what might have been if the Australian Government had kept its Fleet Air Arm and upgraded the Skyhawk in a similar way to how the RNZAF did? New radar, GPS equipped and laser designator capable. Also, what might of camouflage schemes looked like for the upgraded Skyhawks, called A-4G+ in this case?

I’ll consider both air superiority and ground hugging camouflage schemes in this study. The Air Superiority schemes speak for themselves. The low level schemes take into account the effects of the Su-27 Flanker family’s arrival in the Asia Pacific region.

In my version of this “What if?” reality there is no such thing as ‘budgets’ so many experiments are/were carried out. Plus the many exercises partaken in across the country and abroad and the camouflage schemes applied for them.

This should be interesting. Let me know what you think and don’t hesitate to offer possible camouflage/markings ideas!

A-4GRAN4.jpg

Cheers

Richard

The German Navy ones fit to me... They look cool :). The 2nd and 4th ones come across as a "why not?!" Instead of an "what-if". Very cool :) keep em coming please. :)

Been messing around making my own pictures like this, but noting that's finished and I'm willing to show yet. :P

Kind Regards

Dazz

• 4 years later...

I will be going through the laborious and time consuming process of updating my photos on this thread in due coarse.

f_u_pb.jpg

Cheers

Richard.