21st Century Greyhound....

I bought this at the February Yeovilton show for a couple of quid as I have fancied trying a 21st Century kit for a while.......

001_1067x800_zps8944a08c.jpg

It has gone together well with very little fit problems.....

001_1067x800_zps21cfca9e.jpg

The biggest problem is the screw holes in the stbd fuselage and lower wing, but nothing that can't be gotten round with good old fashioned modelling...

006_1067x800_zpsb3d99537.jpg

007_1067x800_zps479faea0.jpg

I have used an old Matchbox Spitfire 22/24 spinner as the Veltro has a more shapely one than depicted in the kit (looks like a MC-202 shape)....

018_1067x800_zps8f72d38a.jpg

017_1067x800_zpsa101efd0.jpg

A coat of Halford's finest primer and all the little Oooooher bits show, thankfully not too many......21st have done a good job with the Veltro, they have even managed to correctly depict the 8" span difference between the port and stbd wings....

003_1067x800_zps9128e2cc.jpg

After the Olive green is applied comes the bit I have really been looking forward to,not!... the masking of the "Smoke rings" camouflage..

001_1024x768-3_zps1c207463.jpg

The old eyes will never be the same......

003_1024x768-2_zpsf4033688.jpg

I used Humbrol 94 sand for the overspray as I have found it to look good over the years....

005_1024x768-4_zps62addfe9.jpg

006_1024x768-3_zps98999776.jpg

Hope to have it finished before the Poole show on the 13th April...

I can recommend this kit, I have enjoyed it immensely, bit like a Matchbox kit.......

Smudge

Edited by swordfish fairey
  • Like 1

Thanks Howard, Don, It's a Macchi MC-205 Veltro (Greyhound) the last and probably best Italian fighter of WWII, served on both sides (and with the Germans) after Italy came over to the Allies in '44....Always been one of my favourite aircraft, a real good looker...............Smudge

Looking good! Got the BF 109 G-14 from this company and like you say very respectable but even better, CHEAP!

Must have been a Macchi thing with the wings maybe to offset the torque effect of the prop as they used to do it with their Schnider planes.

John

It's a great kit I liked building mine that much that I bought another couple (unfortunately not at Home Bargains prices), the smoke rings have come out great, that's probably how I'll finish one of my other ones, I cheated and did mine in ANR colours (RLM 74/75/76), as mentioned above the wheels are undersized and the kit spinner is a C202 one (too pointy) I used an Fw190 one on mine but it is probably too bulbous. But it's still a great kit and you're doing a great job on it.

Cheers

Dennis

Smudge..

The kit looks to be quite deeply detailed..

Nice progress and work..

:thumbsup:

Thanks mate, yes it is very much in the Matchbox mode with deep panel lines, but do you know they are so well done that they look quite good under half a dozen coats of paint/varnish......................Smudge

Thanx,i like a bit of info,i wont look so thick next time..cheers Don

Thanks Howard, Don, It's a Macchi MC-205 Veltro (Greyhound) the last and probably best Italian fighter of WWII, served on both sides (and with the Germans) after Italy came over to the Allies in '44....Always been one of my favourite aircraft, a real good looker...............Smudge

• 2 weeks later...