Mirage III CZ; 1:48 Hobbyboss

Hi mates,

I`ve started with my MirageIII CZ from Hobbyboss.

Truly surprised how many Eduard models of this "Belle du ciel" are built. The Hobbyboss kit is well detailed and here in Germany availeable for less than 16 Euro! So I was wondering as few kits of this brand are built!

Since I`m a fan of the comic " The adventures of Mick Tanguy and Laverdure" it was only a question of time, that I would start to built this sexy sixty jet!

As usual I`ve started not with step 1 of the instruction! Ussually I start with the sub components of an modell, as an welcome alternation!

I`ve found some ncie pictures of the South African Mirage in the so called SAAF Forum.

So my decision was fallen in favor of the AA Rocket Matra R 530. Only minor details are scratchbuilt. So I replaced all wings with thinner plastic. Additionally supplemented the two little control flaps and some missing panellines.

DSCN9011.jpg

Some original pictures has shown the Matra mounted on a yellow trolley! I decided to scratchbuilt one and used therefore the wheels of the old Italeri Trolley!

r530-2.jpg

Source: SAAF Forum

r530-5.jpg

Source: SAAF Forum

DSCN9012.jpg

DSCN9015.jpg

DSCN9018.jpg

Not sure what the original intention was, but I liked the very colourfull paintsheme of the SAAF Matra`s. Masking the rockets with Tamiya tabe and Laboratory Film I painted them with Gunze colours.

DSCN9165.jpg

DSCN9171.jpg

DSCN9173.jpg

I decided to use the 1600 liter tanks for my model.These tanks are so pretty huge! :) I rescriped some missing panellines too.

DSCN9003.jpg

DSCN9176.jpg

Edited by Sarcococca
  • Like 6

Wow, what I nice Matra missile!

A real joy to see it represented that well, very often you see just a lump of plastic in the kits, that are supposed to resemble a missile ;)

:wow:

Vives les Aeronauts!!!! cor I remember that!!

Great work mate. this is going to look fantastic!!! are you doing the sand and green camo scheme then?

Jonners

No Jonners :hmmm:

I think a sexy sixty supersonic jet must be finished in natural metal finish! :Tasty:

Like the E.E. Lightning it reaffirms all the shapely aircraft designs of this era!

I have so many kits on stash, many of them only in camouflage possible, so it is a welcome alternation. :)

Here is my source of inspiration.........

http://www.saairforce.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3098&hilit=Mirage+III

Greetz

Dirk

Edited by Sarcococca

WIP Step 2

The entire Frontwheelbay is painted in cincchromatic yellow with additional colour variations to add some diversification.

Entire contours of all pipes and boxes was painted with a pinwash of burnt umber/ black oil colours, to emphasize the three-dimensionality of raised details.

DSCN9189.jpg

DSCN9192.jpg

DSCN9185.jpg

DSCN9203.jpg

DSCN9205.jpg

DSCN9209.jpg

DSCN9216.jpg

Edited by Sarcococca
  • Like 2

No Jonners :hmmm:

I think a sexy sixty supersonic jet must be finished in natural metal finish! :Tasty:

Like the E.E. Lightning it reaffirms all the shapely aircraft designs of this era!

I have so many kits on stash, many of them only in camouflage possible, so it is a welcome alternation. :)

Here is my source of inspiration.........

http://www.saairforce.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3098&hilit=Mirage+III

Greetz

Dirk

Thank god for that!! I agree. Mirages just dont look "proper" unless they are super shiny natural metal!! :)

Fantastic, I cant wait....

Jonners

• 1 month later...

Hi mates,

my CSF Cyrano II Interceptor Radar is now ready for painting!

The main wheels are ready for assembling

And my South African Pilot Guus Venter is also finished!

Edited by Sarcococca
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

Hi mates,

I`m back for showing the results of Lap 3!

Hope you will have fun and feel free if you have questions.

Meanwhile the Cyrano Radar is completly finished:

DSCN9220.jpg

DSCN9230.jpg

DSCN9244.jpg

DSCN9235.jpg

DSCN9237.jpg

The exhaust pipe is detailed with corrugated plasticsheet:

DSCN9277.jpg

DSCN9274.jpg

DSCN9271.jpg

As the cockpit of a Mirage III is truly narrow, I decided to not paying for a replacement resin bangseat. I added some details out of plastic, leadfoil and Magic sculp!

DSCN9324.jpg

DSCN9328.jpg

DSCN9327.jpg

DSCN9388.jpg

DSCN9386.jpg

DSCN9391.jpg

Edited by Sarcococca
  • Like 2