1:48 Sea King HAR5 coming from Hasegawa

Rob P

(Hides behind sofa before asking :shocked:)

How much will it be then?

Simon

An arm and two legs........................... :whistle:

To be honest I cannot get too excited about Hasegawa releases anymore because even if I want the subject I know full well that I cannot afford it anymore! I`d love a Sea King HAR.5 but at the prices that the (long awaited) British Sea Kings have been going for lately, it is just a no go and I know two good local model shops which have stopped ordering Hasegawa because of the over steep prices,

Cheers

Tony O

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To be honest I cannot get too excited about Hasegawa releases anymore because even if I want the subject I know full well that I cannot afford it anymore! I`d love a Sea King HAR.5 but at the prices that the (long awaited) British Sea Kings have been going for lately, it is just a no go and I know two good local model shops which have stopped ordering Hasegawa because of the over steep prices,

Cheers

Tony O

Amen to that Tony!!. It is of course a very subjective issue and down to personal choice. But, like you, I simply cannot afford the OTT prices much as I may like the subjects.

Allan

• Like 1

Cue complaints about the price, cue moral outrage, cue people blaming Hasegawa as if they sit around a table in Shizouka City cackling at how the Brits can't afford these kits, and... action!

:frantic:

No Jonathan, I`m just stating what I feel about the release of this kit and explaining my reasoning for not buying one despite my liking of the subject,.....end of! I couldn`t give a monkeys about the Hasegawa people personally. My Grandad always said that I should never buy anything Japanese anyway as he fought in Burma and hated the lot of them!

Cheers

Tony

No Jonathan, I`m just stating what I feel about the release of this kit and explaining my reasoning for not buying one despite my liking of the subject,.

Seems a reasonable thing to express an opinion about a probable very expensive kit.

Why is it always 'have a pop at Hasegawa for their prices'? Let's talk abour the kit. If you aren't going to buy it, then there's no need to tell everyone and drag the price issue into it to have a chunter at Hasegawa.
Personally, if people took half the time they spent moaning and handwringing about the prices, as searching online or at a show, they'd find them for a lot less than RRP.

It'll be good to see the sprues on this and see what mods they've made to bring it into line.

No Jonathan, I`m just stating what I feel about the release of this kit and explaining my reasoning for not buying one despite my liking of the subject,.....end of! I couldn`t give a monkeys about the Hasegawa people personally. My Grandad always said that I should never buy anything Japanese anyway as he fought in Burma and hated the lot of them!

Cheers

Tony

And I was being a touch tongue in cheek.

But if I were to be serious for a moment, you're stating a reason based on a reaction to a single price. Strikes me these days there's a misplaced sense of entitlement that folk want a kit now and a price that suits them personally, and if its not then its off to the forums to express their malcontent at the unfairness of it all. As Parabat says, if people were to shop around they may find a price more to their liking. Takes little if anymore effort than posting to a forum. Just sayin'.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/whirlybirdmodels/posts/1319619355129887

Final Products Announcement and Sale Extension

At last, here they are!

Whirlybird is proud to announce a series of 1/48 scale Conversion Sets to transform a Hasegawa Sea King into a Westland built example.

There will be three versions:

• WBA48017 Royal Navy Sea King HU.5, 771 Sqn. Fleet Air Arm
  • WBA48018 Royal Air Force Sea King HAR.3, 22 and 202 Sqn. RAF
  • WBA48019 Royal Norwegian Air Force Sea King Mk.43/43a, no. 330 Sqn, R. Nor. A. F.

The Sets cost £60.00 each plus postage and packing (no additional discount on these items, we're afraid – sorry!), and of course you will also need a Hasegawa Sea King kit. (we have 3 Hasegawa HSS-2B Sea King kits for sale at £60.00 plus P&P should anyone fancy one – first come, first served).

Each Whirlybird Sea King Set comprises a generic Conversion set to make a basic Westland Sea King, with the many differences between it and the Sikorsky built examples including new composite main rotor blades and a 6-bladed tail rotor. The generic set will also have many of the airframe “humps and bumps” often fitted to Westland aircraft. The photograph below shows the scope of the kit.

In addition, each version will have any additional parts needed to make it, together with the appropriate instrument panels and decals. The additional resin and etched brass frets are pictured below.

Other New Items:

• WBA48020 Drallim SACRU-1 cargo hook (2 per set) 3.50
  • WBA48021 Sea King FLIR turret - early type (3D printed) 6.00 – used by Belgian Air Force Sea Kings and early R Nor. A F Sea Kings
  • WBA48022 Stokes litter (3D printed) 6.00
  • WBA72174 Sea King large radome (3D printed) 6.00

Again, no sale discount – sorry.

If any of these take your fancy, please email me. If you have already registered an interest

in our 1/48 Sea King Conversions, we will email you soon to confirm your order.

Sale Extension until the 28th February 2022

Originally, we had hoped to close for business on 31 st January. However, because we couldn’t get this second email out as early as we had hoped, we are now going to close for new orders on 28 February 2022. So you have an extra month! But if you want any of our Sale items, time is running out fast. Some items are now out of stock, and for others the stock level is very low.

So don’t delay – order while you can!

#whirlybird #whirlybirdmodels

272801437-1319204478504708-8276173042999

272764358-1319204455171377-8409398993508

272309798-1319204481838041-8334240899053

272293976-1319204561838033-4812227118379

272294622-1319204545171368-2792361955675

V.P.