1/48 Aer Lingus DC-3

A left over from last years theme build. Completely rescribed. Painted up with Alclad duralum and some shading. Had it all polished up, but the oil wash took most of that work off... Green is Humbrol and the whit is Testors. Used Floquile Old Silver for the canvas areas and tires. Decals are from Max Decals. Used True Details resin wheels so they look flat. Love this kit, might have to do a few more in small carrier liveries. Enjoy

Pat

AerLingusDC-3001_zpsa319634f.jpg

AerLingusDC-3002_zpse535bef9.jpg

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww70/pearing08/Aer Lingus DC-3/AerLingusDC-3003_zpsdbeaaeb6.jpg

http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww70/pearing08/Aer Lingus DC-3/AerLingusDC-3006_zps0e3a730d.jpg

AerLingusDC-3007_zpsaad650a1.jpg

AerLingusDC-3008_zps48002959.jpg

AerLingusDC-3010_zps7d56a9b0.jpg

AerLingusDC-3012_zpsefb12c4c.jpg

AerLingusDC-3013_zpsa7635bd2.jpg

AerLingusDC-3014_zps0f54cc31.jpg

very nice! and plus 1000 internets for doing an Aer Lingus version. im damn sure I remember flying on one of these to or from Ireland many years ago. (could be wrong i was only a kid) :thanks:

Edited by noeyedears

Beautiful work! Truly!

Is it the Trumpter C-48C kit? I ask because i have the same kit awaiting it's turn on the bench to be made up as a Malayan Airways version (c.1950's).

~M~

Beautiful work! Truly!

Is it the Trumpter C-48C kit? I ask because i have the same kit awaiting it's turn on the bench to be made up as a Malayan Airways version (c.1950's).

~M~

No I used the old Monogram kit-sanded it down and scribed new panel lines etc. Great kit (still) and I had it in the stash. As good as the old Monogram (Revel) kits are, its hard to justify the cost of the Trumpeter...

Pat