Norwegian Armed Forces Aircraft Collection @ Gardemoen

For all of you Britmodellers on Facebook I've a little treat for you. I've loaded up the pics I took in the museum at Gardemoen, Norway 2 years ago.

The collection is mostly aircraft used by the Norwegian Air Force but there's a couple of bonus planes in there!

There are a Spitfire Mk IXc and PR Mk XI, Junkers Ju52, Heinkel He111P, Vampire single and twin seaters, 2 different F-84's, F-86 Sabres and Sabre Dogs, F-104 Starfighter twin seater, F-5A and B Tigers.

Not the biggest collection in the world by any means but well worth a look if your ever near Gardemoen (about 1/2 hour out of Oslo). Handy for me that it's only 15 mins drive from where my sister lives!

Please not that I'm not a great photographer but I hope some shots might be interesting or useful (The F-5's gunbay might help some modellers!).

http://www.facebook.com/pages/MJW-Models/449805648412274

If you like the pics and want to see more museum/air display pics, please like the page and I'll post some pics from Flying Legends at Duxford too.

thanks

Mike

Edited by Mikemx

There are a Spitfire Mk IXc and PR Mk XI, Junkers Ju52, Heinkel He111P, Vampire single and twin seaters, 2 different F-84's, F-86 Sabres and Sabre Dogs, F-104 Starfighter twin seater, F-5A and B Tigers.

The Spitfire Mk.IX is just a plastic replica. And it isn't there any more.

Nils

In 1/72 scale I would definitely go for the Revell kit. Either the F-16A MLU, or the F-16C kit (which also includes tha parts needed for a F-16A MLU).

Cheers,

Nils

A very good model can be built straight out from the box. Make sure that you select the right fin compartment boxing, the one housing the drag chute, not the ECM. Also the Norwegian single seaters have a search light on the port side of the nose, begind the radome. I don't remember if this is included in the kit, but it is easily made by drilling a small hole, painting it silver and applying e.g. Kristal Kleer.

Nils