Modelzone Spring Sale - Starts today (15/03/2013)

Mike

The 3 for 2 offer previously announced finished on Saturday online and Sunday in the stores, but today is the start of their spring sale. Savings on list price are up to 70%, but I bet those will be gone quite quickly, so hurry down! ;)

Here's a link to their special offers page on the website

Pick up a bargain... maybe more than one? :wicked:

Shipping from the UK to any foreign destination has always been relatively expensive, and more so now unfortunately. :shrug:

Until now I bought many kits from UK stores and the shipping cost is around 5/7 pounds. 30 pounds is not expensive is exorbitant.

• 4 weeks later...

ModelZone has something like a flat-shipping-cost for outside UK I think. I ordered two Mk XIX Spits and a PR.9 Canberra - all 1-48. I only bought the Canberra because it was discounted to 7.99 and did not affect the shipping charges. I only bought the PR.9 to sell it on e-bay and get some of my shipping bachk this way (as I already have a PR.9 ...). Well it worked and I got two Spits for a good price :-)

But I agree that the ModelZone shipping costs are very high (to Germany less high than to Portugal but still - outch) and I would buy more often at ModelZone if they did the calculation more reasonably - or better: Open a shop in Germany :bouncy:

Anybody know when the Modelzone sale finishes?

It's been on a while and I've already added to my stash... a nice Moebius Iron man Mk VI for a tenner amongst other bits :thumbsup:. But they have some new kits added to the sale that I fancy... tis my Birthday next week so I'm planning a day trip out this weekend... if the sale is still on the day trip could be somewhere with a modelzone. :D

Anybody know when the Modelzone sale finishes?

It's been on a while and I've already added to my stash... a nice Moebius Iron man Mk VI for a tenner amongst other bits :thumbsup:. But they have some new kits added to the sale that I fancy... tis my Birthday next week so I'm planning a day trip out this weekend... if the sale is still on the day trip could be somewhere with a modelzone. :D

I think the Modelzone sale is related to the DFS sale. It seems to never end.

A lot of Revell vehicles have been added, including the brand new mini, samba bus, london taxi and the Routemaster. Most of the rest of these kits are the same. Also if you order it all online and spend over £50 you get the Humbrol workstation for free.

Some further nice deals have crept on there in recent days. £8.99 (vice £14.99) is a steal for the Revell (ex MPM) 1/72 Boston IV/V and £8.99 for the Falklands anniversary Sea Harrier FRS.1/Wessex HU.5 set mean you're getting the Wessex for about £4 less than the Wessex HAS.3 goes for on its own with the best 1/72 Sea Harrier on the market thrown in for nothing. Pity I'm all Bostoned/SHARed/Wessexed out!

Beware a little wrinkle with Modelzone, though: I tried ordering the Airfix 1/72 Alamein Tomahawk/Bf 109 gift set only to discover this is not eligible for the free postage offer because it has to be sent by courier, apparently owing to its containing polystyrene cement: the courier costs just about wipe out the saving.

£20 for the Revell Routemaster and free delivery in UK... sorted! I was annoyed that I missed picking one up in the bargain Holborn sale, but this sale is even better!

Some further nice deals have crept on there in recent days. £8.99 (vice £14.99) is a steal for the Revell (ex MPM) 1/72 Boston IV/V and £8.99 for the Falklands anniversary Sea Harrier FRS.1/Wessex HU.5 set mean you're getting the Wessex for about £4 less than the Wessex HAS.3 goes for on its own with the best 1/72 Sea Harrier on the market thrown in for nothing. Pity I'm all Bostoned/SHARed/Wessexed out!

Beware a little wrinkle with Modelzone, though: I tried ordering the Airfix 1/72 Alamein Tomahawk/Bf 109 gift set only to discover this is not eligible for the free postage offer because it has to be sent by courier, apparently owing to its containing polystyrene cement: the courier costs just about wipe out the saving.

Could you not ask them to remove the glue from it and post normally

£20 for the Revell Routemaster and free delivery in UK... sorted! I was annoyed that I missed picking one up in the bargain Holborn sale, but this sale is even better!

Ahh thats what I had my eye on... just cannot decide if I "need" another kit right now.

I fancy making a copy of a 70's bus I used as a child... I'd need to make new decals for a different liverey but the basics are there. I'm not into bus modeling but this did catch my eye but wasn't too tempted at £40... then it was £50 for a few weeks... naughty Modelzone... so they could have it in the sale as reduced to £40! boo hiss. :banghead:

Quite tempted at £20 though...

Edited by SMD70

The Routemaster price went up to £50 when it was included in the Revell 3 for 2 offer they did, rather than any sale. Still, it's now £40 cheaper to buy three in the sale than it would have been with the 3 for 2 offer.

The Routemaster price went up to £50 when it was included in the Revell 3 for 2 offer they did, rather than any sale. Still, it's now £40 cheaper to buy three in the sale than it would have been with the 3 for 2 offer.

I know it was £50 when they did 3 for 2 but in the e maiI I still have from the start of the sale, dated 28th March it clearly says was £49.99 now £39.99! and has been in the sale like this until recently. For sale at the higher price for so long and all that...

Screenshot2013-04-18at170935_zps29ad8f18

Edited by SMD70

I'm a bit confused about that. I've never had a package delivered from Modelzone that DIDN'T come by courier (DPD), as part of the free delivery offer. As long as the order is over £15 it's always free. The last one I got on Monday contained the Airfix London Icons set, and that has paints and glue

Yes, it doesn't make sense to me either. If you try ordering the Airfix 1/72 Alamein gift set, it is automatically an "enforced courier product". According to their helpline, "apologies, due to the glue included with this set we are forced to offer a courier delivery as the only option. Orders that do not contain hazardous substances are of course eligible for free delivery over £15." I tried pointing out that the Channel dash gift set they sent me a fortnight or so ago had glue in it yet still qualified for free delivery. Ditto the Harrier GR.9 gift set I was planning to order at the same time. So, if it is a rule, it's being inconsistently applied. As for who delivers Modelzone stuff, so far I've had one order come by courier and one via Royal Mail.

Anyway, I'm sorted now because I'll be able to call into a branch in the next few days. But for that happy chance, I would be feeling rather sore: you've got to love those prices.

Thats really stupid. I just went on the MZ website and added all the items that I recieved on Monday, delivered by courier, for free, but added the El Alamain set, and like you said, bang £3.99 for courier delivery!!!!

Modelzone

Revell routemaster and Revell B17F £30 all in .

Must stop finding bargains

Hannants
Circus Wagon tom Daniels)

T'ranatula Wild Fuel Dragster

Ice T custom car

£30 again with post

Glory Days