Airfix Tucano re-release now available

John

I picked my kit up today, the tooling is the old tooling but the decals are very nice you even get MDC and prop decals saves the masking

fe35ce4d2dd5e63d0d15fd965e9d1584.jpg

The only downside is the canopy is absolutely shocking! I've emailed Airfix for a new one

06a20bfb0e7ae2217ad9e348ac8cdec2.jpg

The black marks are in the plastic so can't even sand it out

Al

Edited by Warris

I picked my kit up today, the tooling is the old tooling but the decals are very nice you even get MDC and prop decals saves the maskingfe35ce4d2dd5e63d0d15fd965e9d1584.jpg

The only downside is the canopy is absolutely shocking! I've emailed Airfix for a new one06a20bfb0e7ae2217ad9e348ac8cdec2.jpg

The black marks are in the plastic so can't even sand it out

Al

Any chance of adding a photograph of the complete decal sheet?

Just trying to work out if both 72 & 207 Sqd decals are included. It appears this may be the case by viewing the caption of the decal choice on the top right hand corner.

Cheers .. Dave

Just trying to work out if both 72 & 207 Sqd decals are included. It appears this may be the case by viewing the caption of the decal choice on the top right hand corner.

Cheers .. Dave

No need for a photo, I can confirm you get markings for 72 and 207 in a black finish, together with the original red, white and light aircraft grey scheme with the Toucan on the tail.

No need for a photo, I can confirm you get markings for 72 and 207 in a black finish, together with the original red, white and light aircraft grey scheme with the Toucan on the tail.

Rob,

Many thanks for the confirmation. Might just have to put my order in then. Cheers Dave.

Cheers .. Dave

Here you go Dave,

a906648c96ec1e87acb1a489a5bd1783.jpg

Al

Al, many thanks for submitting the kit decal choices. I duly ordered my copy from Hattons after I got the green light above.

Cheers once again and good luck with your build.. Dave.

Edited by Rabbit Leader

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any photos of ZF417 when she was still in 1 FTS markings? A friend of mine flew her as a trainee and I'd like to model her if at all possible.

Does anyone have any photos of ZF417 when she was still in 1 FTS markings? A friend of mine flew her as a trainee and I'd like to model her if at all possible.

Any of these fit the bill?

http://www.abpic.co.uk/results.php?q=tucano+zf417&fields=all&sort=latest&limit=10

Mark.

• 4 weeks later...

just got this kit today, and agree that it's a nice one. Fine recessed panel lines, a very good decal sheet, bagged canopy, nice moulding quality (pilots look very nice, although legless...). It was worth a reboxing!

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

just got this kit today, and agree that it's a nice one. Fine recessed panel lines, a very good decal sheet, bagged canopy, nice moulding quality (pilots look very nice, although legless...). It was worth a reboxing!

Alex

.....and a nose that's about 3mm too short and a canopy that is the wrong shape