-ILLIOUCHINE Il 28 BEAGLE

- This is my next big project, the Beagle in resin from HPH in 48 scale.

-The resin is smooth an strog, devoid of bubbles, the parts are numerous, which promises to give a very detailed model, the three member crew positions are very well furnished as is the bomb bay with its structure and weapons..

- Every landing gear struts are in resin too but reinforced by a metal rod.The clear parts are in resin too with all the frames neatly rised.The painted photoetched part covers all the instrumentations available to the crew . But the tyniest parts for an host of knobs are unusable being really too small.

- The decals sheet cover only two machines, a Soviet and a camouflaged Chinese one

- The notice is to be printed from a DVD, and at first glance it seems the differents parts are difficult to identify.

- Building this model is quite a challenge.

161-1.jpg
160-1.jpg
155-1.jpg
180.jpg
179.jpg
178.jpg
177.jpg
176.jpg
175.jpg
174.jpg
173.jpg
172.jpg
171.jpg
168.jpg
167.jpg
166.jpg
165.jpg
164.jpg
163.jpg
162.jpg
161.jpg
160.jpg
159.jpg
158.jpg
157.jpg
  • Like 1

Signing up to follow this one! Saw it at Telford, but baulked at the cost. It looks like a beautiful kit, good luck!

• Like 1

Airfix did one, and I remember building a 1/100 scale one, possibly Eastern European around 25 years ago.

Tamiya and VEB Plasticart both did 1/100 versions. The Tamiya kit is extremely neat and still fairly easy to find.

John

Looks very nice kit! Wich paint sheme do you choose? (In my look it could be Soviet, original one :) ) Good luck!

Ivan

-It will be either Soviet or East German,I haven't still make my mind.

I have this kit albeit its way down the build list therefore I shall be watching with interest, I have always like the IL-28.

I bought mine copy direct online with HpH with no problem and arrived within a few days, although the packing could have been a little better given for the size of the kit and delicate and finely moulded nature of it..

Marty...

Edited by marty_hopkirk
  • Like 1

I have this kit albeit its way down the build list therefore I shall be watching with interest, I have always like the IL-28.

I bought mine copy direct online with HpH with no problem and arrived within a few days although the packing could be a little better given for the size of the kit and delicate and finely moulded it is.

Marty...

-As it is, my main concern is how to show the jungle of wires and pipes in the bomb bay and in a lesser part in the three crew stations

-I have experienced a mishap with the clear parts as I stepped inadvertantly on the pilot canopy..... guess the result.....! I immediatly mail to HPH and I got a whole clear parts set as replacement . They are really trusty guys

You always did have more money than sense JM. If it's half as good as your Dornier Flying Clog, it should be brilliant.

W

-You are probably right my friend....I will not be burried with my money so..... great kits....High grade Whikies.... comfortable cars and lets go ;it will happen what is to be happened ......Oh I forget Girls.....I'm still looking after them but I don't remember for which purpose...............thank you for my flying clog ...J.M.

• Like 1

- The job is proceeding smoothly.

- Few troubles except that it is very difficult to identify the parts needed .Apparently the reason is the system of notice on a DVD which need to be printed to be efficiently used.So I elected to carefully find the parts required for a given module, identify the colors of ,the elements and proceed the building

004_zpsc910e609.jpg

The building is no real problem.I choose to use the photoetched parts as they are very well detailed,( better than a hand painted part ) The only little problem comes with the throttle handles.HPH gives us resin handles, they are more precise in shape than photoetched parts but they are oversized

007_zps57df573c.jpg
006_zpsf393c4a0.jpg
-Part 98 does not fit the photoetched part inded and has to be made from scratch.It is the only bug I have noticed
005_zpsbb8df38a.jpg
- Then the things goes smoothly
002_zps4347a58f.jpg
001_zps27787509.jpg
006_zps2f1b141e.jpg
009_zps2e4f7d7d.jpg
the small table of the navigator given in photoetched is replaced by another o,e in clear plastic as the real one
  • Like 1

I will enjoy watching this build , and may i just say how good it is to see you (again) building what is without doubt a challenging kit of a subject in a material not usually seen, sincerely Top marks ! no giving real criticisms of shapes/parts etc or 20 pages of diatribe where heaps of people join in to moan and whine about how wrong it is

You simply ''MODEL''

How refreshing ! thank you

Cheers

• Like 1