Polish AF F-16C Block 52

DaveJL

Hello all,

I'm looking to build a 1/48 F-16C Block 52 of the Polish Air Force.

What would be the best kit to use as a starting point? I was looking at the Kinetic Hellenic AF boxing, as it comes with the CFT's, and, presumably, the same tail parts found on the Polish jet.

Only thing i'm unsure of is if the Kinetic kit has the P&W engine found on the Polish jets.

I noticed Wolfpack Designs do the necessary Dragchute housing for the Tamiya kit, but again I'm unsure which of the Tamiya boxings has the necessary parts for a block 52, namely the correct intake and P&W engine.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Dave

Edited by DaveJL

The Block 32/52 Thunderbirds boxing has the correct engine/intake for a Polish Aircraft, I built my Polish aircraft using this kit and the Wolfpack design set with Twobobs decals

IMG_1669.jpg

I would imagine that the Kinetic HAF F-16C has all the correct pieces in it though.

Stephen

Nice build Stephen. I would much rather use the Tamiya kit with the Wolfpack set and spare CFT's I have, but can get a Kinetic kit for about £20.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

if you're using the Wolfpack set I found the tail extension a little difficult to fit as I think the resin had shrunk slightly.

Stephen

Just had a look through the stash and looks like the Hellenic boxing is suitable as they are both block 52+ (P&W nozzle, NS Inlet). As for the Tamiya kit, it's more expensive but the aggressor boxing contains both nozzles and both intakes. The Wolfpack parabrake housing is too small and it would be better to try and get hold of a spare kinetic one.

Sean

Edited by Sundown
  • Like 1

all the kinetic boxings come with all the tail chute housings, well the 12 kits i have seem to have a vast array of chutes in them. I'd go with kinetic its not tamiya but as has already been said its half the price.

The link is for Polish decals.

I know, I was talking about the kit and decals but nevermind.

Thanks for the links. I'm actually after a set of the TwoBobs decals as I think these are more accurate/better quality.

Dave

I managed to get to page 3 on google looking for the twobobs sheet, so that means they can't be found anymore (in teenage law anyway!). Good luck with your hunt.

Sean.