Alright mate. Yea slow process but that's we're the fun is taking your time and enjoying if coming together also makes it all the more fun sharing it on here. Knowing people are watching makes you try harder too.

She's nearly at the satin varnish stage and then I can crack on with the b1a and two silver b1s.

It's reall fun to creat this mini timeline of the development of an aircraft.

Cheers Rob

Jubilation! She's pretty much there first if this group of hard work and fun XA900 vulcan b1 passes the finish line. She has had all decals applied then sponged over with klear. Then she has had a mist coat of humbrol rattle can satin varnish and now all she needs is a deal and shine with more klear.

I'm very happy with how she's looking and she will be coming with me to cosford. Here she is with her bigger sister xh533 which inspired me to make her I will do better photos on RFI soon.

Hope you like her but this WIP ain't over yet!

F21B86DA-2029-4B80-A0A3-6556584B0B8E-125

F05D2F10-B386-4BD4-BAAB-7BF6DC187DF4-125

0DF541F4-2F47-45CA-BE90-666E9138F84D-125

Cheers for looking

Rob

Cheers mate it's is the cutest vulcan I own and good luck with the gwh/pit road I've recently finished another of those myself and will also be in rfi soon. What vulcan you going to model?

Cheers Rob ;)

Either the one that was used in Red Flag with stone/earth undersides or convert to a K2

• Like 1

Nice choices I've never done the sand stone bottomed xm607 yet. One day perhaps. I've just mad ideas to try and convert one if these to a b3 whiff but not any time soon. I'd love to see your build when you do your WIP please let me know in case I miss it. Cheers mate

Thanks very much cliff I'm very relieved after my panic over the decals that I found some spare in the bottom of my decal box of what I needed to get it ready for you guys at cosford.

If the b1a makes it it will be a bonus but I need to turn my hand to transporting them and make them arrive safe.

How many models you taking I can't wait to see your Lancaster I've been wanting to make one for a while and a Lincoln.

All the best Rob

Great stuff Rob, really looks the part, it'll be nice to see them at the show. I never got to see XA900 in the flesh either but I did get to see a few B1's way back in the mists of time, as a spotty little air cadet, once when visiting Halton where they had a silver B1 and a camo B1A parked up on the 'flight line' and once at Manston where a couple of B1A's were out in the fields awaiting their turn to be used as fire training tools. My abiding memory of them was how tall they sat on the extended nose gear...they seemed massive.

See you at the show...

Thanks Andy glad you approve. I've never seen a b1 in my life except for the nose at cosford wearing the weird inverted b2 camo and xa903's nose at wellesbourne but that's disappeared now.

Perdu your welcome to see them and meet me though I'm not an exhibitor just bringing them to show the general, cliffb, Canberrakid, you and some other guys to possibly, only trouble is I don't know what anyone looks like..,,, not unless general melchet actually is Steven fry, cliffb is actually a dog and Canberra kid is in a flight suit,, it be a hell of a wild trip if they are. And I'm not rab c Nesbit lol.

I'm really looking forward to it I don't know what to expect it will be the first time my modeling will be something others are interested in as for me its always been something I'm into and don't know anyone else who is.

All the best and cheers rob

• Like 2

Jubilation! She's pretty much there first if this group of hard work and fun XA900 vulcan b1 passes the finish line. She has had all decals applied then sponged over with klear. Then she has had a mist coat of humbrol rattle can satin varnish and now all she needs is a deal and shine with more klear.

I'm very happy with how she's looking and she will be coming with me to cosford. Here she is with her bigger sister xh533 which inspired me to make her I will do better photos on RFI soon.

Hope you like her but this WIP ain't over yet!

F21B86DA-2029-4B80-A0A3-6556584B0B8E-125

F05D2F10-B386-4BD4-BAAB-7BF6DC187DF4-125

0DF541F4-2F47-45CA-BE90-666E9138F84D-125

Cheers for looking

Rob

Beautiful work Rob, you've done a top job with all the mod's, proper kit bashing! I love the B.1, very similar to the B.2 but at the same time so very different!

John

Thanks John so far I've counted 89 external differences. Shame cosford dragged this one around the back of the hangar and killed it the last b1

• Like 1

Amazing tiny Vulcans! :coolio:

Your dental tool is a 'wax-carver' (it's actually a dental technician's tool):

DW-KWCA024.jpg

Now that's fantastic cheers it was a dental technician who gave them to me cheers much Rob

There very very good tools for scribing and all sorts cheers ;)

Rob

I knew they were different but i had never realised just how much smaller the delta wing was! Wonderful job on the conversion, looks fantastic. What next a Whiffy B.3?

Kevin

Thanks yes they are very different arnt they quite unusual from mk to mk if other types you might get different engines nose etc but there are not many that have such wildly and numerous differences that I can think of.

B3 yes that's in the pipe line I will do one someday that means making it bigger that the b2! Good game good game lol

• Like 1

thanks Gustavo and i see your a new member so a big welcome from me.

I'm actually just working on the b1a now. hopefully ill get her finished for Cosford also.

cheers Rob

Good morning all and cheers Daz I think there cool too I just wish it wasn't so cool outside bring on summer.

Right folks its update time I have progressed with the b1a and hopefully have her done in a few days. The vc10 undercarriage a fellow britmodeller is sending me will be used for one if the silver ones.

This time I've been lucky and sourced an alternative but the vc10 undercarriage is still better for the exhausts.

So I have sanded the 300 series b2 exhausts away with the lovely sandvik file.

And then I have done something different I've filled the exhausts with some sprue from my xtrakit scimitar just the right bore. I've done this as with the b1 when tapering I nearly run into trouble as I noticed I'd nearly sanded through the tunnels and had to retrospectively build up the internal bore by feeding in superglue this worked. Thankfully.

I didn't encounter this problem with vx777.

So this time I filled them out so I would be dealing with solid plastic.

F9B43DCF-BF10-4CBA-884E-1EE619F1A4B6-329

I used the buffer skanks of a Dapol great western prairie kit (steam loco) as I will replace these with brass or cast buffers when I build that. They were cut fitted and filed to shape then the tail fitted and we nearly have a b1a :frantic:

927C77AB-085C-41BD-92A6-C7709BEADD8D-329

9A837085-0778-4D80-B4DB-D80D798A57A4-329

I need help with this I have noticed the tip of the b1a / early b2 tail cone is less bulbous than the kit version of the late b2 tail cone so I want to soften it. I noticed this when the tail looks a bit too elongated.

Here are real ones to show what I mean not my photos but thanks to vulcans in camera.

B1a

C86796F8-DD1A-4240-B45A-8D8E0D60DC71-329

B2

86CBDBE6-4EE5-43BA-A8D0-CFF3F6FCDC4E-329

Are my eyes deceiving me. I think the tip of the b1a is shallower and softer

Cheers rob

I don't think they are different Rob, I recon it's an optical illusion, the B.2 has the RWR thimble on the end of the tail cone that gives it extra length and makes it look slimmer? I can't see them making two very similar but different tail units. I love the white grey green scheme, I can see another cracking Vulcan coming up!

John