Complete - Pit-Road RAF TSR.2 Strike Role

Ok I'm silly enough to start a second build for this GB, now have 3 BG aircraft on the go, which will probably jump to 4 by the time I get back from this coming shift!!! :banghead::frantic:

I came across this little baby on my recent trip to Japan and just couldn’t resist as I have not seen this manufacturer before....and it was cheap.

Will be starting a separate thread somewhere in the forum and the great hobby shops I found in Singapore and Japan.

DSCF0619_zpsfe77404d.jpg

his is a fictitious strike version of the TSR with ventral drop tank a wing mounted Martel TV Guided missiles. The kit also contains parts for the nuclear strike version and Prototype. Plus two choices of colour schemes, camouflaged or overall semi gloss black, will go camouflaged.

DSCF0620_zps8c9ad47c.jpg

DSCF0622_zpscb7de894.jpg

things that go bang and ventral tank.

DSCF0624_zps86dab537.jpg

The detail is lovely and the kit goes together so easily with no filler required, so have pretty much raced through the initial build stage so painting is not far off, will leave wings and tail surfaces off to help the painting bit. I will airbrush the two primary colours (greys) and then maybe hand paint the second top colour (green), masking in this scale may drive me crazy!.

DSCF0628_zps67a22537.jpg

DSCF0629_zps1bf2b2f8.jpg

DSCF0634_zps00f861e7.jpg

Yes those are holes in the top of the wing, got carried away with some new tools I bought overseas and was not paying attention to what I was drilling!! :doh:

DSCF0630_zps75d7bcc6.jpg

DSCF0631_zps6d7f4f65.jpg

Sorry about the poor photos.

I’m still tossing up whether to build it undercarriage up/down, though it and the wheel wells are nicely detailed!

DSCF0632_zps8e74524c.jpg

DSCF0633_zps780d6239.jpg

One really nice thing I found, all the join lines were along panel lines and they had slightly bevelled the edges, so when joined you had a perfect panel line and no filling required.....as long as you were careful with the glue.

• Like 1

Wow!

That looks amazing for such a small scale.

It looks like an all resin kit?

Who'd have thought that so much detail was possible in 1/144th.

Totally possible .. you would not believe how scales smaller than 1:32 have fine beautiful detailing in them that a large scale plastic assembler of kits would be floored by!!!

:)

And trickyrich it DOES look AWESOME. :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work.

Got half a dozen of these to build, they are great kits.

Built version that I made is shown here

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234931101-tsr2-12-sqn-1144th/

Decals are not the best, a bit grainy, worth replacing them if you can

Will keep watching this develop

Wow!

That looks amazing for such a small scale.

It looks like an all resin kit?

Who'd have thought that so much detail was possible in 1/144th.

no it is plastic....the quality of the molding is really good, i'm very impressed.

They produce, in 1/144th;

Drakens - 3 types

Typhoons - 5 types

F-35's - 4 types

TSR 2's - 3 types

PAK-50 - 2 types

& Vulcan B2 one type (this would be very nice!!!!)

Plus two weapons sets.

Even though this is not my scale I am enjoying this build, hopefully no mistakes with this paint job!

no it is plastic....the quality of the molding is really good, i'm very impressed.

They produce, in 1/144th;

Drakens - 3 types

Typhoons - 5 types

F-35's - 4 types

TSR 2's - 3 types

PAK-50 - 2 types

& Vulcan B2 one type (this would be very nice!!!!)

Plus two weapons sets.

Even though this is not my scale I am enjoying this build, hopefully no mistakes with this paint job!

3 types of tsr2??

tell me more

Only know of two, prototype white version and this one?

Also make them as prepainted and built versions

The Typhoon is great, with superb weapons too

The Vulcan is gorgeous, got 2 waiting to be built

yeah, they have the Prototype/Strike Recon version, plus the Strike version here. Plus they do a "WhatIf" 208 Sqn Pre-Painted Strike version.

But the sprue set will allow you to build any version, which is nice.

basically yeah, whether you get the Prototype/Recon or Strike version, they share the same spure set....which is cool.

So plenty of scope to produce lots of Whatif versions.............

Was a little surprised just how big it is, will have to build a 1/72nd scale version soon.......in RAAF SEA colours of cause! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Got a few of these to build in what-if RAF schemes, as well as a Swedish splinter :winkgrin:

Splinter in 1/144th!!! :banghead:

Ok after a long delay, work both away and at home I have finally gotten back to this baby.

As mentioned in the Tornado build I had thought I had plenty of time to complete this build, but sort of forgot about work. :doh: I finish shift a couple of days after the build ends.

So with only a few days to finish..........

There wasn’t really that much to do prior to painting, I left the wing off right up to completion as it made life so much easier. The fit of all the pieces were excellent, some of the best moulding and joins I’ve come across.

This was to be an acrylic paint only paint job, by this time I had started to get a hang of airbrushing acrylics (the Tornado was the first). Everything went on perfect (still having trouble with the gloss coat, prob should have thinned even more), though I think the underside grey was slightly tinted by the colour of the plastic, should have primed!

DSCF0734_zps3b94ceec.jpg

DSCF0738_zps4454c870.jpg

DSCF0737_zpscdae61b8.jpg

DSCF0736_zps151fba66.jpg

As you can see I decided to build this wheel up as the undercarriage was so fine a delicate. Only a little trouble was encountered doing this, main door fits wasn’t that great, but it does look nice in a “clean” state.

Yes it should have a pitot probe, fell off again only just noticed, plus canopy fit was poor (only downside to whole kit).

It’s a lovely model and lots of fun to build, highly recommend it to be added to their wish list.

Has inspired me to build a 1/72nd (1/48th ) version in RAAF SEA colours......WhatIf III GB.....maybe?? :hmmm:

• 2 weeks later...