This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

wellsprop

Academy 1/72 Kubelwagen

Spent the last month or two building AZ Spitfire XIVe's, it's so nice to get into a model that builds up very well and very quick. I intend to put this in a diorama with an Fw-190.

The kit is absolutely fantastic (don't ask about accuracy I don't know anything aobut this VW) the decals were typical academy... poor. Used oils and thinned acrylics for the weathering. Added the Jerry can and scratch built the jerry can holder thing.

IMG_3389_zps83016590.jpg

IMG_3390_zpsaa353eca.jpg

IMG_3391_zps34c5f0e6.jpg

IMG_3394_zpsd4a70f04.jpg

Ben.

Looks pretty good, but why you put the steerwheel in right side? :D It's a german car!

Looks I need to put in forum my Kubelwagen too..

Lovely job on a tiny model.....One suggestion for you if the wheels are still off (and you are using a kit from the Ground Vehicle Set #1); you would do well to use the wheels from the Jeep as the kit's wheels are noticeably small (as are the Jeep wheels if used as Academy intended).

Haha thanks, it was just an easy kit i was making to wind down after a difficult build. The wheels are all painted but not yet attached, its going into a diorama some time.

Ben.