1/72 Sea Harrier Esci (3rd build since quite a long time ago...)

Awesome build and photography!

Would it be ok if I ask what photography set up you're using? Those pics are epic!

Thank you and no worries.

Gear is leased Canon 5D MKIII + Canon 24-70 L f2.8 MKII, couple of 430exII Speedlights, softbox on boom stand, small 'beauty' dish and pocket wizards for triggering. Images shot in RAW and processed through Lightroom (this time as I have several choices. :) ).

If this seems over kill, it is, but it's the gear I already have for my other photo 'stuff' so just gets re-purposed slightly. :coolio:

And once again. Thanks to everyone for their comments. :)

Pull back shot:

Small vinyl background taped to a bit of old aluminium pole gripped across one of my light stands.

8576192819_a0507d7674_b.jpg

Setup01 by IrritableRabbit, on Flickr

Ey! That is a sharp shar!

• Like 1

Now that is something to be proud of, especially after thirty years! You really are racking up the quality kits in your builds, or are just storing the really "bad" ones for end of year? :winkgrin:

Cheers,

P.S. At this rate I'll never catch up with you.............................

• Like 1

Thank for sharing the photo setup. Is the other 430ex in the softbox?

Yes, the other 430ex is hiding in the Lastolite Ezybox softbox that is hanging off the boom stand.

Now that is something to be proud of, especially after thirty years! You really are racking up the quality kits in your builds, or are just storing the really "bad" ones for end of year? :winkgrin:

Cheers,

P.S. At this rate I'll never catch up with you.............................

:lol: There's plenty of time for me to mess up. Actually, I messed up a lot but recover from most of, but not all mistakes. But!! I think I put extra effort in because it is a Sea Harrier and I wanted this one to be better than my school days attempt.

Due to time constraints, next build totally OOB I think. Airfix F-51 or Italeri F-100D.. Eeny meeny... :undecided::)

And again.. Thanks to all for taking the time to post.

Thanks for sharing your photography layout! The folded cards to bounce back the light is a neat trick.

If you're going to build the F-51, my vote's on that too. The sharkmouth looks boss and we'd love to see it with your photography!

• Like 1