Omani new camouflage colors

FCM

Omani Jaguars haven't been in the UK for years so any recent updates would have been done in country. Marshalls of Cambridge did some work on the older C-130H's but again I don't think any have been through there in recent years, but the RAFO received new build C-130J's last year in the same or very similar scheme as to the Jaguars in question(imo the C130J looks lighter). The paint will depend on their supplier so it may be FS, BS, RAL or something else will we ever know for sure, until we do all we can do is try and cross match what looks right going by what ever pictures we have to hand.

Edited by scotthldr

Well, to be honest, I aim searching for an identification for these collors looking for the Omani C-130, it is because I need some info about this colors to offer a start point to modellers, once I will add this version among others in my next 1/144 decal set:

C-130_oman1.jpg

Edited by FCM

Yeah, we did all the Jag servicing and upgrades in country on the RAFO Jags when I was there from 1998 to 2005. Good to see they are still around after all the recent purchases by Oman.

Cheers

Tony

• 3 months later...

:Tasty: Now that is nice! And wraparound too, by the look of it.

Nope, I reckon that has a fairly clear demarcation to a paler underside colour, look carefully & you'll see what I mean. Behind the fuselage fins, under the green in front of the intakes, above the nose wheel. It shows best against the darker green. A nice colour scheme though.

Steve.

• 7 years later...

Zombie thread revival!

Doing a bunch of research, I stumbled across this thread as well, and this is what I think that the approximate FS Colors are:

http://www.colorserver.net/showcolor.asp?fs=34424+34172+32563

And here is a profile with those colors applied:

50946545836_ddf0eabf14_b.jpgrect14066 by J Hooper, on Flickr

Cheers,

Hoops

• Like 6