Revell F117 Stealth Fighter (ish)

Graham77

Here is my quick entry to the 144th GB. I have picked out the F117 as have been fancying putting it together for a while now. Although not the greatest representation of the great aircraft at this scale it will fit in nicely with the other 144ths that I have and more importantly should be fairly easy to finish quite quickly. First up the box shot, due to the stealth nature of the aircraft only a blurry shot could be got (nothing at all to do to poor cameraman..honest guv)

87BD70B7-8F84-4CD2-90AC-4BB42CFB715D-752

Anyway after some quick cleaning up the jet is well on its way although a little filer will be required before painting (P.S I primed it all so that the camera could find it more easily)

B73C5942-1896-4B3C-8F73-20E1B9E09C26-200

Thanks for looking hopefully some more progress shortly

Cheers

Graham

I remember building this when I was 13 or possibly 14, loved it back then as it was easy and the plastic was already the right colour. :P

Shouldn't take too long, will be watching this one. If I remember the bomb-bay has... well I think they are supposed to be Mavericks...

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Yep I think you are correct they do appear to be mavericks and the overall bomb bay is not great so I'll be closing that. The rest though isn't too bad and I hope it should look ok standing next to my other 144ths. More to follow soon

What I remember of it, it was an okay model the bomb-bay sucked. I would put some GBU-12's in there now, dunno how accurate that would be, but at least they are more accurate than Mavericks. Also I would've drilled out the intakes a bit. I personally would also buy a resin cockpit, which Retrowings do, but they've taken their shop offline for a while. Will be following :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• 5 weeks later...

Nearly there, gear doors need touching up and retrimming and the silver on the probes needs to be changed and decals to add, should have it near to the gallery with a session or two more

6BCE255B-C7BE-4B7C-A97B-C59BDEDBC6BC-111

Thanks for looking and there are some cracking looking little aircraft in here

Graham