1/48 Danish F-100F

Been a while since I've finished and posted. Number three of my Scandinavian build theme for this year.

Fun kit with no surprises. I would suggest an aftermarket burner can as the seams are obnoxious. I used Royal Resin wheels, and somebodies resin seats. Decals are for a single seater from Xtra Decal, thus the fictional call number. The back of the fuselage isn't as defined as I would like; but, looks good (the sun light sure washes it out...) Used Floquil for the silver, Model Master for just about everything else and Humbrol for the green.

Enjoy,

Pat

F-100F008_zpsdc4dda96.jpg

F-100F010_zps0890a240.jpg

F-100F006_zps93c39040.jpg

F-100F005_zpsaf43be54.jpg

CopyofF-100F003_zps621ddb03.jpg

F-100F011_zps0c62bab7.jpg

F-100F002_zps695898ea.jpg

• Like 2

That looks nice, however is there a problem with the seats, they look really low?

Julien

Julien,

You are correct-they look VERY low! Once things got buttoned up I masked the canopy and put it on-never saw that problem. I looked over the instructions, and I did not miss anything. Maybe the resin seats I added are not as deep as the kit ones. I am not sure if I can get the canopy off-I will think about it and consider if it is worth the risk...

Thanks

Pat

Very nice!

Regarding the seats:

in the early sixties all Danish tactical aircraft received Martin Baker ejection seats (the Air Force probably got a deal with Martin Baker about this) to replace the original seats in types such as the F-100D/F, RF-84F and F-104G/TF-104G. :)

Cheers

Nicolai

Very nice!

Regarding the seats:

in the early sixties all Danish tactical aircraft received Martin Baker ejection seats (the Air Force probably got a deal with Martin Baker about this) to replace the original seats in types such as the F-100D/F, RF-84F and F-104G/TF-104G. :)

Cheers

What seat did they use? I got direct replacements for the kit seats, but... what model did the Danes replace the originals with?

Thanks

Pat

Nicolai

That's a lovely build, nice to see it in danish markings.

I met a former Danish F-100 pilot whilst on a motorcycle trip round Norway a couple of years ago, he had some good stories, a great guy.

That's a lovely build, nice to see it in danish markings.

I met a former Danish F-100 pilot whilst on a motorcycle trip round Norway a couple of years ago, he had some good stories, a great guy.

Thank you!

Pat

Hi Patrick,

I believe it was the mk5, but if you can wait till tomorrow I will dig that information out; I know where it is!

cheers

Nicolai

I've some good news for you, Patrick regarding the ejection seats. I was a little intrigued about Nicolai's comments about the seat replacement being in the early sixties ( I thought it was a bit later ) so I had a look on google images and guess what ? I found a pic of a Danish F-100 in the same markings as your model, and it still has the original seat fitted, so there's no need to start removing canopies, etc. Your model is fine as it is. HTH :cheers:

I've some good news for you, Patrick regarding the ejection seats. I was a little intrigued about Nicolai's comments about the seat replacement being in the early sixties ( I thought it was a bit later ) so I had a look on google images and guess what ? I found a pic of a Danish F-100 in the same markings as your model, and it still has the original seat fitted, so there's no need to start removing canopies, etc. Your model is fine as it is. HTH :cheers:

Just for the fun of it:

F-100D: Mk.DE5A

F-100F plus some TF-100F: Mk.DB5/1 (front), Mk.DB/2 (rear)

TF-100F: Mk.DB5A/1 (front), Mk.DB5A/2 (rear)

cheers

Nicolai