Thank God!! I love the 'used' look of your workspace. I'm ashamed to say I cleaned my modelling area up yesterday, as I got fed up with not being able to find various tools and implements under the piles of debris.

Looking forward to your build, the AM stuff looks amazing already.

Today's work on the Harrier - first the engine and intake. First the intake - needed some filler for some ejector pins, but it's sanded out happily

P1010168_zps6807fe18.jpg

Then the engine - not spending a lot of time on this as it all disappears into the fuselage...

P1010169_zps9edec2af.jpg

Then started dry fitting the pit - lots of sanding and dry fitting, but it does fit eventually

P1010170_zps50f3eb99.jpg

Then test fit the combing

P1010171_zps55ba2b15.jpg

Peter

• Like 1

Got a bit more done - first the nose wheel well with all the PE added

P1010172_zpsc0b1c1d5.jpg

Then adding the PE to the nose gear

P1010173_zpsb427d032.jpg

Sprayed the gloss white for the intake and unmasked

P1010174_zps4c8ac9bb.jpg

Sprayed and dirtied up the nose wheel well

P1010175_zpsf96f1972.jpg

Then finally sprayed and dirtied nose gear. More weathering later

P1010176_zpsbed69120.jpg

Peter

Today's work after the expedition to the shed. First more work on the front gear, added some placard decals, picked out the piping and some more weathering

P1010177_zps73fb75d7.jpg

Then started painting the cockpit - first Alclad black primer, then a coat of Gunze H57 Aircraft grey

P1010178_zpsb132e187.jpg

Then some weathering, picking out details and started painting the panels - still more work to do later

P1010179_zpsffa31205.jpg

P1010180_zpscf2d5c49.jpg

Peter

• Like 1

Looking really good - though I'm not sure about the colour of the landing gear/flaps panel forward of the throttle lever. From memory it is predominantly black (well, more charcoal) with a little yellow & black in places and steel coloured switches if you have a microscope handy. The gear lever looks to be a pretty good colour though.

Cheers,

Kirk

Edit: (Excellent) reference here: http://data.primeportal.net/hangar/luc_colin/harrier_gr.7/Harrier_GR.7_057.jpg

Edited by Kirk

Well this is officially abandoned for the moment - I opened up the bubble wrap containing the canopies. Queue language not suitable for minors.

P1010184_zps6d0e5575.jpg

P1010185_zpsed42aa0e.jpg

Not a happy bunny, especially as the nose cone is also missing....

Well i'll be contacting Trumpeter, but I don't hold out a lot of hope.

Peter

Oh dear,...that's not good (<---master of understatement!)

Sorry to see the state of your canopy Peter. I hope Trumpeter come through so you can complete this project as it's looking very good indeed.

Umm,....I have one quick question......should the tie-down rings on the nose gear leg be that way up? :hmmm::unsure::shutup:

Good luck with getting your canopy sorted.

Cheers.

Now that is a shame im sure trumpeter will come up trumps (pun intended) when they are told their customer service had a chance to shine on the britmodeller membership.

Good luck I look forward to seeing progress when it happens

Cheers Rob