Heinkel He 219 Revell a quick build

Well my modelling mojo had gone on holiday, in December while everyone else was showcasing their years output I realised that I had only completely one kit in 2012, I had got that involved in building it that it took forever and in the end I was not that happy with it.

Drastic action was needed, normally I would build an AFV to get the modelling juices flowing again, unfortunately I picked a Bronco kit with ten zillion pieces and link by link tracks, it's now gathering dust on the shelf, so it had to be something else something drastic.

By chance Revell launched the 1/32 scale Heinkel He 219 and Mike did a nice review of it, it intrigued me even though I don't build Luftwaffe subjects and I do not build multi engined aircraft in my normal 1/32 scale, I build them in 1/48 scale, I've even got a 1/48 Tamiya 219 in the loft.

Build reviews of the kit were good so I bought one, and got stuck in, a straight out of the box build (apart from the Eduard seat belts that is) I would not even correct the somewhat dodgy prop blades, and the result is pictured below, it did revive my interest in modelling and I have now got another kit on the go and am planning yet another.

I learned quite a bit on this build which is always a plus point.

It's not perfect but it was never meant to be anything but a distraction build, the gory details are here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234934140-revell-heinkel-he-219/

It is a good kit and fun to build but I am going to have to build an outrigger on my study shelf to display it ! Here's the photos.

TheFinish6_zps4c56eb6a.jpg

TheFinish5_zps78d01bcc.jpg

TheFinish4_zps6730cd82.jpg

TheFinish3_zps1b7cae18.jpg

TheFinish2_zps049f5495.jpg

TheFinish1_zps1abe8554.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 5

Superb looking Uhu, really impressive and good to see one built despite all it's supposed shortcomings. Glad you enjoyed the build, I can fully understand the need for a bigger shelf, I'm trying to work out where my 1/48 one will go once I build it!

Well a quick build by my standards, but the important thing for me was that I really enjoyed the build, I looked forward to going into the study to work on it, and for such a bargain price as well, and I really enjoyed the painting stage which I did not think would be the case, it's given me the confidence to think about attempting a poached egg type Italian finish.

Thank you all for the kind words, I hope the WIP helps others that want to build this big bird.

Cheers

Dennis

Beautiful build Dennis - missed this one being built...

Still working on mine.

Iain

It was Mike's review and your build that started me off building it so thank you !

Cheers

Dennis

Quick build? Right.. Let me go check the dictionary for the definition of the word quick..

Mmmm... Nope.. Doesn't say the word quick means any of the following words I'm attributing to this finished model:

Excellent, smashing, perfect, amazing, gorgeous......... and so on. :coolio:

:clap:

Thank you all for the kind words, it is a special one, I've just spent some time fitting an extension to one of the shelves in the study so that I can display it properly, I will have to take a photo of it in it's final display position

Cheers

Dennis