This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

Donations

Excuse me balarny, but whats this bling thing.

Be it some sort of dosh,wonga or maybe cash. :coolio::mental:

Anyway it all counts don't it :coolio:

Edited by foxy

I hadn't actually seen this thread until just now, as I donated as soon as i saw the option.

Its a great idea, and if it helps maintain the site we all know and love, then brilliant.

Its also a tangible way of showing Mike and The Team how much we appreciate the work they have done, and continue to do so we can all share our love of things modelling.

Just made a small donation. If it all helps keep the site up and running that's a good thing. May make another one when I have more money.

Sean.

Hello there!

As an addition goody for donators(?), could they have the ability to change the text above their avatar, before they reach the otherwise required number of posts? (which I can't remember where I read what it was!)

Jim

PS DONORS! That's the word I wanted! Lol!

Edited by Jimbo

Donation sent

Cant be without my daily dose of Britmodeller,so every little helps

Phil

You can get medication for that!

Hello there!

As an addition goody for donators(?), could they have the ability to change the text above their avatar, before they reach the otherwise required number of posts? (which I can't remember where I read what it was!)

Jim

PS DONORS! That's the word I wanted! Lol!

:doh: I've reduced it to 100 posts, which is quite a lot lower than the usual one :)

Brilliant!

Thank you Mike - all I've got to do now is think of something witty or amusing!

Cheers

Jim :-)

...and there hangs the problem. I've kept mine factual ^_^

How what? Could you be more... erm... explainy?

Gold member? Yeah, baby!

Small donation sent. Will send more when funds allow.

Edited by John Laidlaw

A small donation but a big thank you to Britmodeller, in appreciation of the work that goes on to keep this resource running.

Donation made!

It seems only right to do so, for the amount of time I spend here in the playpen

Trevor

I'm sorry to be a nay-sayer, but I'm not so sure about this "Gold Member" thing. I think there shouldn't be an overtly visible tag that separates the ones who donated from the ones who didn't. It's community-divide in the making, the generous "Gold Members" looking down on the other tight c*** who, for whatever reason didn't or couldn't donate anything.

Awarding some special features to the members who sent a donation is a nice idea, but I think there should be some second thoughts about the "Gold Member" tag.

Jeffrey

I disagree Jeffrey. It's not about showing who can afford to put something into the site, it's actually almost like a premium membership with the little extras that Mike and the team have put in.

If you don't want to buy that extra level, then that's fine - it's like the difference between flying standard and club...

And PS Mods - where's MY bling? :fight:

Edited by AndyC

As Mike said yesterday Andy, we're not glued to our computers 24/7, we do have lives outside of BM, well, just. Oh! and at times we'd might like to do some modelling. :D

I'm sure Mike will sort it out tomorrow.

BTW anyone who does not wish to be identified as a doner, can have the same privilages without having the bling under their name. Just ask mike.

That's OK Dave, I'm sure I'll manage... :crying::D

BTW anyone who does not wish to be identified as a doner, can have the same privilages without having the bling under their name. Just ask mike.

Or you just make your donation and don't post a comment here to remain an anonymous donor without the extras.

Thanks for the info, that's good. Still, I'd rather there was no "bling" tag altogether, but that's just my opinion I guess...

Jeffrey

Incoming tenner from me (Inkster)

Happy to help - this site rocks

Or you just make your donation and don't post a comment here to remain an anonymous donor without the extras.

I'm probably being stupid, but how can Mike or the mods match the donation with the donee?

Trevor

I'm probably being stupid, but how can Mike or the mods match the donation with the donee?

Trevor

I don't think they can unless they see our email addresses. But I'm sure Sir Mike will clear things up when he gets some free time.