This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

Donations

Julien,

Just realised it's a while since I made my last regular donation to BM. Keep up the excellent work......what a great resource !

I made a small donation a few days ago - it’s a great place with such a friendly people, and it’s good to be a part of our community. 🤝

Thanks Nikolay - much appreciated :) There may be a little sloth in matching you up with your donation at the moment, as Dave's gone away for a few days.  We'll catch up in a few days when he gets back :yes:

Right, there I was, poised to make a donation, yup, really, being in possession of a small windfall which won't hang around for long, if I can help it & when I went looking for a donation button, nothing, I changed themes cause I'm a luddite & normally run the old one, found the faceache & witter buttons but no paypal one up there, nothing on .com either. Help, I really want to donate (a modest amount. ) :D

Steve.

On 07/08/2019 at 10:10, stevehnz said:

Right, there I was, poised to make a donation, yup, really, being in possession of a small windfall which won't hang around for long, if I can help it & when I went looking for a donation button, nothing, I changed themes cause I'm a luddite & normally run the old one, found the faceache & witter buttons but no paypal one up there, nothing on .com either. Help, I really want to donate (a modest amount. ) :D

Steve.

Thanks Steve - your support (I know it's notional so far) is very much appreciated. :)

We're in the process of changing how things are done regarding donations, so we removed the buttons temporarily.  We'll get them back soon, but as you can imagine I've been a bit tied up lately after the recent attack :(

20 minutes ago, Mike said:

We'll get them back soon, but as you can imagine I've been a bit tied up lately after the recent attack :(

I well appreciate that Mike, do be a quick as you can though please, I don't know how long I can keep this corralled. its itching to get out. ;) :D

Steve.

Hi Guys,

Just got an email from Paypal saying Brtimodeller have cancelled my automatic payments.... guess its part of the rejigging of the donation system ?

BillyD 

@Billydick  Yes, it's all part of rearranging the financing. Thank you for your support.

Edited by Shar2

I've just noticed this too.

Will you be updating this thread to announce what you'll do in future for donations?

If so, I'll subscribe to this thread to be notified of the new system.

I don't tend to get on BM much these days, so may miss what's happening.

Keep up the good work!

Rick.

Yes we will update in here.

Thx

Rick

Wallet burning holes in my pocket - any news chaps?

20 minutes ago, CedB said:

Wallet burning holes in my pocket - any news chaps?

:lol: not yet - been a bit busy lately.  You know how it gets :wacko:

We've finally sorted out the new PayPal account for the site and I've put the donate button back on our woeful home page, which will allow you the members to make a one-off or regular donation to the site's server fund, either by PayPal or by your bank or credit card in a few simple steps (I know, I've tested it!).  We'll be grateful of whatever you can afford, but please please don't ever go into debt on our account!  I'll work on the forum-based button over the next few days, and let folks know when that's done.  In the meantime if your pockets are too heavy or like @CedB have the fire brigade coming to your wallet every month, we're now open for donations :party:

http://www.britmodeller.com/

^clicky^

Well that was easier than I thought ^_^ The forum-based donate button has now been reactivated.  It's a simpler one and only suitable for one-off donations, but as long as you're aware of that it's easy to click onto the home page if you're planning on doing a regular :yes:

Thanks to anyone and everyone that has donated in the past, and to those of you that will in the future.  It's what keeps the site alive, and it's much appreciated :wub:

Donation sent! Thanks Mike and the team for a great site :) 

I will really I will, all my good intentions didn't stop the last bit of my small wind fall escaping. :( but another couple of weeks should see me solventish again. :)

Steve.

I finally managed to locate the 'donate' button on the Home Page, but it took me a while to find it, as I was looking for a button with the word 'Donate' on it, instead of the blue button in the top right corner with the PayPal logo. Have you considered actually putting the word 'Donate' on the button - it would certainly be easier to find, and might possibly increase the number of donations?

Just made a small donation - this is a great forum and thanks to the moderators for all the hours you put in running Britmodeller! :clap2:

4 hours ago, Welkin said:

, as I was looking for a button with the word 'Donate' on it, instead of the blue button in the top right corner with the PayPal logo. Have you considered actually putting the word 'Donate' on the button

It's sometimes the simplest ideas that are the best.  I'm going to look into that because it's a good idea, thanks :)

Paypal have put my donation in the "Sports & Fitness" category...!   :rofl2:

Thanks Nigel - took me a while to track you down, but you now have a little Gold Bar by way of a thanks for your support :yes:

Everyone that's re-upped their contributions (most were Gold Members already) a hearty thank you, and to those that are thinking about it, you can do a single donation from the top right of this or any other page on the forum, or set up a regular one from the site's home page (make sure you don't fall asleep while you're there though, as it's possibly the dullest page in the history of the internet). :)

Thanks again to the pre-existing Gold Members that continue to support the server - you know who you are :yes:

It took me a while Mike but I've just sent you a small amount to buy some food for the server hamsters. I'd have done so sooner but have been waiting for the PP button to re-appear after you said it should have - it dawned on me just now that because I still prefer the old invision theme it may never do so! Switched to the new theme and there it was! (back to invision now though!)

Keith

I've been coming here since 2008 so it's about time that I coughed up a little something for the pot.....

Should be somewhere in the ether between my account and yours...    hopefully!

Hutch