This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mike

Donations

46 minutes ago, Mike said:

maybe part of the issue is if you're using it again & again?

Well, I just went in again and managed to do another donation.. so not necessarily if you've used it before... even within the last couple of hours..?

Anyway, another quid in the kitty.. :)

Matt

Cheer guys. I really don't understand what's going on here, but it's great that it's working for some of you.

Thanks again to everyone that's helped out :)

Brain came home today and so I was able to donate quite easily.

When I tried the new donate button it gave me a new message:

a4ed91ac-f1fd-4064-a652-ec12be89c6bb.png

So I just used the old button.

I think @Mattlow is correct, the way you have to enter the amount is counter intuitive in my opinion. Yesterday I tried to delete the '£0.00' and as my brain wasn't much of a help, I didn't just try to type my donation amount. The trouble is that virtually everyone else uses a blank box, so using something different is (again, in my opinion) likely to cause confusion.

As my Paypal email is different to the email you have on file for me, I'll send you a PM.

So........it's NOT me brain!

Got a re run of Gorby's message, so went and donated via the 'homepage'.

Just a little bit, to help keep the hampsters in food!

Paul

Thank you to all who have donated so generously.  Unfortunately I cannot give some people their gold brick as their email doesn't match with the one we have on the forum.  So, could Graeme Harris please PM me his

forum name.

Thanks again. Dave

Thanks all ^_^

If you've been really bored today you might have noticed the Donate button changing shape throughout the day. It got big, then it got smaller, bigger again, then changed to a text logo and back again to the double P. We've fixed the weird behaviour of the link, so you're good to go if you're feeling all warm and fuzzy toward us ;)

Been here a while now, so my warm fuzzy feeling is on its way to you. Donation made!! 

Thank you for all your hard work and a fantastic place to be!!!:thumbsup:

Cheers, H

44 minutes ago, harveyb258 said:

......... so my warm fuzzy feeling is on its way to you. Donation made!!

Cheers H, we would have preferred money though!  :rofl:

Mike

One question: for those of us who do not have - or want - a PayPal account we do what?

Edited by FatFlyHalf
Spllinge

Small donation sent (via PayPal).

Keep up the excellent work.

FatFlyHalf

Thanks again to everyone that has donated, past and present :clap2:  Don't forget to speak to Dave @Shar2 about your Gold Brick, which will get you a few small perks as a thank you (one of which is avoiding flood control), and it'll help him immensely if you include your BM Display Name with the donation, as it'll save him scratching his head :)

In case I forgot to mention it, the PayPal donation button now works every time.  I've enlarged it a bit so it doesn't look quite like the picture, but I'm sure you'll get the jist ;)

Being one of those old people who just go straight to to the sections that interest me I completely failed to notice the new PP button until I saw the update to your thread. Having looked at it my first thought was that it's purpose in not exaactly B******ing obvious. The white PP is not very clear against the yellow background (it's is old eyes you know). Could it not be darker, like the two tone blue PP symbol? It could also say 'DONATE' in flashing red but maybe that's a little tasteless.

Anyway you will be pleased to know its reminded me that it's time I put my hand in my pocket again. I used to be an IPMS member but thought that BM does more for me so I redirected my annual fee.

John

Thanks John :yes: I'm not 100% happy with it, so it'll probably change again at some point, but at least it's there and working now, which is a big improvement from hard to find and barely working :)

I must admit, after we were discussing the "Postimage.org" affair I couldn't find a donate button whereas I was sure I used to see one

Then a casual glance along 'that line' gave me a little glimpse of a kinda PayPal logo

So I found my way in and gave already

Keep up the great work Mike and co

I've had a monthly Standing Order in place for a few years now.   I kept forgetting to make a donation and found this to be the best way to say thank you :worthy:  and to contribute to the upkeep of this great site.:thumbsup:

Mike

PayPal donation inbound. Thanks for hosting this excellent site with so many great members!

14 hours ago, billn53 said:

PayPal donation inbound. Thanks for hosting this excellent site with so many great members!

Thanks

Julien

Hi all,

If you want to donate but dont have a paypal account you need to do this from the britmodller home page, and not by clickinh the Paypal icon on the forums page. For some reason they are different.

goto http://www.britmodeller.com/

there is a yellow donation button top right.

This lets you donate with a card without an account

Julien