Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIc Hasegawa 1/48

Fantastic. How do you apply masking tape over decals ? or more specifically, how do you fix your decals ?

When I've tried masking over decals, it usually pulls them off when removing. Some great tips for adding depth to the paint job, very inspirational :)

• Like 1

Fantastic. How do you apply masking tape over decals ? or more specifically, how do you fix your decals ?

When I've tried masking over decals, it usually pulls them off when removing. Some great tips for adding depth to the paint job, very inspirational :)

Firstly decals must be sealed by vainsh, gloss after decals, then mat after wash. Anyway I apply masking tape without any force, very delicate, also removing must be done very carefully. It is possible without damaging decals.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Um I hate to say this considering you've done such a superb job on everything else, but I believe the vast majority of Hurricanes would have had wooden not metal propellers.

Absolutely beautiful work!

Apologies if I missed this in another thread, but what paint (and specific numbers) did you use for your Ocean Grey / Dark Green / Medium Sea Grey camouflage? It looks very convincing.

Fantastic Artur, so have you just sprayed tamiya smoke after all the masking to enhance the ribs or some other colour?

Bruce

Hi Bruce, I used dark grey color with few drops of mat vanish for that. I dont like Tamiya smoke paint, is to transparent to me.

Absolutely beautiful work!

Apologies if I missed this in another thread, but what paint (and specific numbers) did you use for your Ocean Grey / Dark Green / Medium Sea Grey camouflage? It looks very convincing.

Yes sir, typical colors for RAF day fighters. Gunze C paints from RAF colors set, dont remember the numbers.

Um I hate to say this considering you've done such a superb job on everything else, but I believe the vast majority of Hurricanes would have had wooden not metal propellers.

Perhaps most but not every:

HURRICANE-SALVAGE-4_zpscaa78361.jpg

Yes sir, typical colors for RAF day fighters. Gunze C paints from RAF colors set, dont remember the numbers.

Ah, that's what I thought. Thanks for the answer. Lucky Model never seems to have that set in stock, so I was hoping you found some alternative from the main Mr Color range that works this well... I guess I'll just have to keep my eyes open for the RAF sets - I really like the way these colours look on the model.

Firstly decals must be sealed by vainsh, gloss after decals, then mat after wash. Anyway I apply masking tape without any force, very delicate, also removing must be done very carefully. It is possible without damaging decals.

Thanks mate.

What gloss do you use ? You make it look very easy, however the overflowing swear box in Woodyland indicates that it isn't :lol:

• Like 1